Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea what a force now...

• 22-08-2003 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

WOW with Crespo under their wing...this team is a serious force. Man do these signings stop? ****s sake...the amount of players these guys are signing and its not over yet. What a team these guys are...i mean there very very powerful now.

Rest of the premiership...there is a new team who everyone wants to beat. Welcome Chelsea on top of Arsenal and Utd...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think they made good signings except for Johnston and Bridge.

Johston is too young to play at the top level. If you saw the Liverpool match when he thought the ball was rolling out and wouldn't let Diouf by it shows he has little experience. They should loan him out to another club for a year.

I was never that fond of Bridge. He got the fans player of the year at Southampton but I don't know how he did.

With the money they have they could sign much better full backs then those two. If you were to look at the Real Madrid squad you would know everyone but if they were to look at the Chelsea squad they would probably know everyone but Bridge and Johnston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

No way, i really think Johnson is highly impressive. Hes such a good intelligent player but your right...that incident wasn't very smart involving Diouf but still the players surrounding him, he is bound to pick up pretty quick. Put it this way, id love him in my utd squad! Bridge is good but he shouldn't have given the penalty away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Welcome Chelsea on top of Arsenal and Utd...
    Don't jump the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tek

Roman said on russian tv he intended to spend 200m.. so its no over yet hehe
    For mother Russia
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Very premature stament IMHO. I dont think the Chelski fans are even going ott Like this so i find it strange to see a UTD supporter capitualating 1 game into the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by The Muppet
    i find it strange to see a UTD supporter capitualating 1 game into the new season.

I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Another good signing for Chelsea imo. The only one that might be a bit dodgy is perhaps Gerimi, but apart from that, all their new players are top class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

that is right. it is not finished. chelsea is ready to open discussion with juve for mid davids (this if deal with makelele won`t go haead)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I doubt they'll get Davids, Juventus' midfield would fall apart without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

easy now ! :) fell apart are big words. Davids is a good player, but old now. In June 2004 his contract with juve it`s finished and he can leave the club at price 0. So it`s in Juve interest to sell him this year while he still have value in the market. that is also why juve already got his replacement: Appiah.
    Juve would have sell the dutch last year also, but Rome didn`t have the money juve requested, problem that ibraimovic (or what is name is) hasn`t. we will see the developments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by PiE
    I don't.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lets not jump the gun we havent signed Crespo yet contrary to what Inter President said the delegates at Heathrow said the deal isn't done yet, possibly early next week.
    we have a strong squad but we need to utilize the players well.

we have a strong squad but we need to utilize the players well.

Spot on smuckers. Chelsea are building a Squad of fantactic players. It remains to be seen how they perform week in week out as a team. Its Much too early for the type of rubbish posted in this thread. If they do well in the league and europe they will have proved themselfs as contenders .

surely after all the signings so far, do you not think its right to treat this team as serious as Arsenal and man Utd?

I mean they mean business, and there doing a good job fulfilling it.

QUOTE]surely after all the signings so far, do you not think its right to treat this team as serious as Arsenal and man Utd?[/QUOTE]
    Yes i certainly do consider chelsea to be a serious challange. But unlike you I am not prepared to go over the top and conceded that they are better than utd or arsenal on the evidence to date. With posts like the quote below Its no wonder other supporters scoff at the commitment and loyalty of supposed Utd supporters. I dont blame them I would do the same myself.

Poster By Ubahone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Trevor Birch on Big Blue Radio Station has news re Crespo,
    "There have been negotiations and they are getting closer to closure. I would have thought there will be some news early next week."

By this statement i am not saying Chelsea are better than Arsenal and Utd. It meant to come across as saying they are to be treated like Utd and Arsenal now in the sense everyone wants to beat them now. And i do believe they are contenders for the title. Anyway 3'rd place for Chelea IMO guaranteed.

Do you get what i mean now? I wasn't saying they are better of Arsenal and Utd...i dont actually know why i wrote it out like that. :rolleyes:

Fair enough Ubah i picked you up wrong. It did appear to me that you were saying that Chelsea were going to be the top team this season. I just found that strange from a Utd supporter on the evidence to date and while i would defend you right to express you opinion i felt i should challange that.
    As it turns out that is not what you meant so it is all academic now. Us Utd supporters have enough hassel with the ABUs without arguing with each other.:D

True true...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its good for the league that they are becoming better hopefully they make an impact , i just dont like that they buying X player for X when there far better footballers about, me like Ranieri and would like to see him stay there :(.

kdjac

• Advertisement

They have to build a reputation to get the best players there. And they have to start somewhere and where they have started has been excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

imho UbahOne i think ur talking s***e

ok why is that? I mean Chelsea can't suddenly go for someone like Nesta cos he wouldn't leave. But if Chelsea started winning the European CUp and becoming sucessful then all the TOP players in world may/(or may not) want to play for them even more so...

mutu crespo veron are not great players are they??

they are one of the most glamerous clubs in the league set in the most expensive district in the UK

and money talks (look at mendiata)

thats all i have to say

they have to win the european cup so they can buy better players now thats utter s***e

No its not. If Real Madrid were not as successful as they are, Ronaldo and a host of other players wouldn't be there.

madrid are succesfull because they were government backed since the spanish civil war but im not getting into that

name once in the last 20 years that an average club won the european cup and are now a huge worldwide club!!

No cos its besides the point. Im using Real Madrid cos this worked with them. I dont care if they were backed or not. They bought the title and european cup successfully.

well using that as an example every team has bought the european cup even utd in 99 as thier first xi arent all homegrown

see ur not making sense here!!

i agree that u need to buy some big players to win the european cup but not win the european cup and then buy big players

u have an american view on soccer im afraid, u look to much at the stats and stuff like that!! do u watch ur soccer on fox sports??

Your missing the point totally...

Chelsea don't have a reputation as big as Man Utd or Real Madrid for instance ok? So now Chelsea have this incredibly wealthy chairman who is spending millions upon million on trying to BUY success. BUT a lot of the players wouldn't be interested in a move to Chelsea as say Real Madrid or Man Utd because their reputation is not as high as them...and Chelsea still have to proove they can be a good team by performing in Europe.

Thats all im saying...lets not make this confusing because its totally unnecessary.

• Advertisement

reputaions take decades to uptain not a few good games in europe or even a few years

uraguay won the world cup twice in the 30's yet still are considered world powers by some even though they won feck all

notts forest won the europran cup but arew they now and i dont think they have a big reputation even in england!!

chelsea have won one league title in their history yet even before ambronovich (typo) they were considered the 2nd biggest club in london (behind arsenal) why do u think that is??

its because of ken bates effort to build up the club for the last 20 years and because of its "posh" location in London

so what im saying one european cup will not make a difference in the long run to chelsea

they will have to win titles on the trot and dominate europe for a time (like milan late 80's/early 90's, madrid 50's and lately, munich 70's juve mid 90's liverpool mid 80's) etc etc

come back to me in 20 years to see how did things pan out!!

Advertisement