Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General look and feel

Options
  • 22-08-2003 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wanted to voice an opinion for what its worth about the boards. IMO they look and feel a bit sanitized. Compared to other vBulletin boards I've seen, they dont hold the attention all that well. Check out SitePoint Forums or vBulletin.org.
    Anyone agree with me on this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Personally I'm quite happy with the Boards minimalist skin (with sigs and avatars turned off). It's easy on the eye and loads quickly for those of us who connect at ridiculously low speeds.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Have you tried the various styles available here??

I have to say I'm not sure what you mean. I dont see much difference between us and those other sites.

Can you give me a "for example" ?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I much prefer the less busy look, it feels clean and tidy as opposed to the boards you mention which are just a tad busy and head-messy.

Personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I think the boards are fine - looks alot cleaner than most others, easy to get around, few skins to pick from.

The main page however - thats another story. Just cringe everytime I see it now - could the little bits of text on it even be updated to include or mention something that happened in the last 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i use the default theme and im quite happy with it.

there is a couple of little little features ive seen on other vbulletin sites that id like to see incorperated into boards. cant think of any off hand, but if i do ill post 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Originally posted by DeVore
    Have you tried the various styles available here??

Nope had forgotten all about the styles. Have switched to Cloud and it provides a better nicer interface IMO. I dunno, I can't really put my finger on what I think is wrong with the default style, I just don't think it encourages as much interaction as other similiar boards if that makes any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I felt kind of the same way till i switched to Cloud. Now im a very happy bunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Less is more

man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Minimalist is best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Minimalist is best :D

Quiet you

• Advertisement
Advertisement