Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

• 22-08-2003 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Just a Quick question i had a list of these but i lost em

does anyone know telphone numbers / addresses any doctors that are quailifed to give advise on scuba diving under meds

im on meds and i need some medical advise as im on this medication possibly for the rest of my life so if anyone knows a good doc id be grateful

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mackjohn

Cross posted to
    Dive clubs, shops, schools, sites.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106462

And
    Question
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111471

Diver's who were looking for the medical numbers from cft, They are located on the medical form available from the "http://www.scubaireland.com" so therefore i'm only as such reproducing the infomation and hopfully won't get sued for doing so... :confused: .
    Here we go.

Dr. Tim O’Neill
    The Lodge
    Medical Center
    Donaghmede
    Dublin 13
    01-8480033/8470589
    Fax 01-8483920

Dr. Peadar O’Kelly
    Health Centre,
    Wine Street,
    Sligo
    071 62355

Dr. Patrick Hayes
    10 Catherine St,
    Waterford,
    051-875261 (Surgery)
    051 – 851368
    051 – 878948 (Fax)

Dr. John Keenan
    The Medical Centre,
    Comans Park,
    Roscommon.
    0903-26289

Dr. Kevin Diskin
    79 Landsdown Park,
    Knocklyon Road,
    Templeogue,
    Dublin 16
    01-4947975
    087-2328984

There is also a Medical Diver Doctor in the Magazine Diver see www.divernet.com medical talk page.

Best of luck,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hey mackjon (see remember the K this time :) )

thanks for the info

dont think its a banning offence as your simply giving me info i couldnt find myself on google, thanks a mill mate

keep your fingers crossed for me everyone i dont know if i'll ever be able to dive again cos of the medication im on im sooooo gonna be p1**ed off if i cant dive again!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ouch, good luck! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hi mackjohn

Can you put those address in a new thread and I'll sticky it? Its good information to know.

thanks
    Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Damn...best of luck AL][EN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

I know Dr. Tim O’Neill (the 1st one)
    He's my Doctor & he's in my Diving club.

I can recomend him for deffo
    Always get my medicals done with him
    And he's a good diver

Nice bloke too

Mick

Thanks Smiler

and thanks guys im mad busy in work at de mo so i'll call that Dr Smiler once i get some time off work i'll let you guys know what the results are :confused:

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOo

im off the meds in december planning my scuba review already (cash willing that is)

god i missed scuba diving soooooooooo much not long to go now only another 2 months!! tick tock tick tock tick tock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

AL][EN,

You will be assimilated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

That's great news AL][EN.
    Also December is definitely the best time to get back into diving. Don't have to worry about warm water or sunshine or anything like that. On the other hand it's a lot easier to get in some night dives :D

• Advertisement

Yea as far as im aware it should be cool i'll need to do a scuba review back at my drive centre where i learnt to dive but iit should be cool

what im planning on doing is forgoing to scuba review and just going for my resuce diver course in january and do the scuba review as part of that its been nearly 18 months since ive been in the water im desperate to get back into diving but to tell you the truth im a little nervous getting back into a wet suit and BCD tho i cant say why!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Where abouts are you Alien and where did you do you training?

im currently working/living in cork but trying to move back to dublin ASAP (need to aquire work in dublin first then i'll be moving back)

i did my training in flagship scuba in dublin and thats where i'll be doing my rescue diver course once i get the yoyo's saved.

Advertisement