Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Board

Options
  • 22-08-2003 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Why cant non banned posters comment there?

In any prison , the comdemned usually have ppl that will fight on their behalf?

Looking over the posts there, there are some people imho that may have strayed and been put in there but the vast majority do belong to be locked up.

Surely there can be some comment on behalf on the damned?

Seems to me that the forum is pointless if its ignored or just used as a flame zone for banned ppl as they cant do anything else. Pains me to see ppl with >1000 posts in there, thats a lot of time and effort for someone to spend on boards to be locked away with no hope of reprieve.

Prison is just slow torture in a boards sense, with no hope of reprieve..perhaps just killing the poster (in a boards sense) and ditching the forum would make more sense?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Prison represents a possibility for reprieve that didn't exist previously. I don't see anyone who has made good use of it for that end yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

As far as I've gathered, the "comment on behalf on the damned" is supposed to come from the damned themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think it was formed in order for banned people to apologise and ask nicely to be unbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by ecksor
    Prison represents a possibility for reprieve that didn't exist previously. I don't see anyone who has made good use of it for that end yet though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1037479#post1037479
    ol, this forum is an excellent idea! Reminds me of Superman 2 for some strange reason :)

Anyway, I was banned a long time ago for causing disharmony on the soccer board. I fully accept my punishment but man do I miss all those armchair 'experts' over on soccer with their endless bitching about which BRITISH football clubs are the best! :rolleyes:

peace, out
    Pigman
    Banned

Have a hard time believing this person doesnt know the score by now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He didn't ask or express any desire to be let out.

Having a lot of posts means nothing to me.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

/me points out eckaors post count to Longfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Longfield the particular user your talking about has re-registered. He has been banned permanently from Soccer again thou.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

what about gladiator, what did he do that was so wrong? seriouisly i can't remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Some of the comments are quiet funny, i guess if unbanned people could post in it, it would just lead to flamming.

Advertisement