Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donnie Darko

Options
  • 22-08-2003 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

you all know you want to talk about it. I need questions answered. And answers questioned. I need to know what others think, cos here in Portumna, bog hole of Ireland, my sis and I are the only ones who watched it. So to talk about it I've to talk to you like-minded people.

Why does Frank say sorry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Because he killed gretchen?
    It's been ages since i watched it last so i don't remember that well and thanks to you I'm going to end up watching it again tonight.. DAMN YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

But he hadn't killed her yet, and how did that tie in with.....

Oh. I think I get it now.

Forgive the stupidity.

Ok, I've tons more questions, but i want to hear others first. There have to be more fans out here! Come on!

By the way, I need to ask someone who's gone to the website a question. Reply, you someone you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

BEST. MOVIE. EVAR!!!!

i love this film. whoever has seen it, watch it again, then watch it again straight after. youll notice some REALLY freaky stuff that you took for granted as normal the first time.
    example: within the first few scenes, a red car drives by on the road in front of donnie. this seems perfectly normal..BUT! it is actually the same car donnie uses to drive over that other guy in.

look out for, and take notice of EVERYTHING, you'll be surprised by what you find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

yeah, the amount of little tie ins are amazing.
    I don't have any more questions about it anymore, I think i managed to answer them all :)

Here's something a friend showed me that's very cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

If he said sorry because he killed gretchen (which totally makes sense) then what did the bit with the mirror and knife have to do with anything??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Frank is actually Donnie's Sister's Boyfriend (tying into your red car point).

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

At the mirror knife bit Donnie stabs Frank in the eye, then later on he shoots him in the eye. I think it's just meant to foreshadow that Donnie would be the reason that Frank lost his eye.

Advertisement