Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think I should do?

• 23-08-2003 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I had posted the following in reply to the "feild service sys admin" thread but I wanted to gt some advice. Question is what/if any thing should I do next?

I sent through my cv for the service Engineer role last week. I got an email yesterday saying dear applicant thanks for your application but we have filled the role. I thought oh well at least they let me know.... until I looked at the distribution list and aw they had sent the email to ALL unsucessful applicants so I could see who had applied for the job. I knew of 3 applicants from my old employer. Surley this is a GROSS waving of all the applicants confidentiality. What if my boss had been on the list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

just send them an email explaining this and telling them to BCC emails like this in the future.there is not much else you can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nothing your boss can do if your applying for another job.
    You should email them telling them they shouldnt have included everyone on same mail a bit of professionalism wouldnt go amiss.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by daveg
    until I looked at the distribution list and aw they had sent the email to ALL unsucessful applicants so I could see who had applied for the job

good god :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Its not very professional all right.

Advertisement