Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[New Forum] Archery

Options
  • 23-08-2003 3:09pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

I was wondering it it'd be possible to have an Archery Forum set up in the Sports Section. There are a number of College clubs at the moment trying to arrange inter-varsities at the moment and this would be the ideal place to arrange it.

There are also a large number of clubs around the country. This would be a great place for beginners to find out how to join, people to ask questions they might have about various bits of technique or equipment.

It would also be perfect to notify people about events of all sorts.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

I think thats a great idea!!
    It would really help us organise events and stuff.

I have been told to say that i'm writing this message of my own free will.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by shock
    I have been told to say that i'm writing this message of my own free will.

Admitting to lying on your first post, nice job.

That post was written of my own free will, iwas just havin a go at halenger.
    i really do think that an archery forum would be a good idea. at the moment we dont really have any easy way of communicating with other clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Excellent idea Halenger (Dear god I sound like Robin! Or Fallout Boy)

Jimminy jillikers!:D

Holy impressions af666x!!!

• Advertisement

Shrup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Can't honestly see it being that busy.

See what being what now???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

He doesn't think the forum will be very busy...

Right so. Silly redbrick is all moved away...

• Advertisement

maybe if we tell people about it, it'll be busy.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Telling people"....gosh. theres an idea.

DeV.

*slaps head*

Is that how you do it?! Damn... I wish I'd known sooner.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jazzours

yeh, slap halenger's head
    why didn't you think about it earlier?

The forum is a good idea, if people use it it might solve the communications problems we had last year with other university clubs...

jazzours (dcu)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Yeah, archery forum could have been useful :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

An archery forum would be pretty useful, it would provide a central location to organise events, meetings ect.

Use of the forum might be better than you'd expect, after all you'd be talking about 100+ students who go into college sit infront of a computer often for hours everyday.
    We'd also have 200-300 other students who are club members but aren't terrible active, and a forum might help find a way to make them more involved.

On top of that there are all the other archery clubs arround the country.

At the absolute worst we'd be no less active than some of the other sport forums here, like angling or athletics.

Students would probably be some of the most active members of this forum but there are more clubs around the country than 3rd level, in fact there's quite a number more non college clubs.

There's also schools clubs to take into account.

I really think it'd be good for the sport in general to have a forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Turin

Even though I dont really like to admit this, Halenger has a good point! There are a lot of college clubs in the country, not to mention non college clubs.

In my opinion there does not really seem to be an awfull lot of publicity for the sport and I feel that this would be a very good place to get some going! Not to mention how much easier it would make organising Intervarsities!

All we have to make sure of after that is that we have the right train times!!!! lol!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

whats your problem with halenger turin. esksor da troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Turin

hey boston, long story. Short of it is we are in the same club on the same committee! We don't always see Eye to eye on things, but this is a good idea!

• Advertisement

Long story short is that he talks, I reject his opinion, give mine and he accepts it.

Why? I'm Chairman. :p

Hehehe...

Only kidding!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fifitrixiebelle

I agree, an archery forum would be a great idea, for organising intervarsities, and for exchanging information between clubs around the country. It would really make the sport more accessible to people, and make organising events much easier.

Fifi: Were you in Eddie Rockets a few days ago? Saturday maybe?

:p

So what's the story anyway?

How many people do we need to say "Give us an Archery Forum NOW!!!! *"

*where now=please! :p

allot of these peopel seem to have one post, and have been told to post here requesting a forum. Maybe thats why there is a delay.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nah, I've just been busy. People with one post voting is ok if they are new people signing up to support the forum request... it shows they are keen enough.... of course they could be multi-accounts but we have vays uf findzing dis out neh?!

I'll put it in Sports. Duh.

DeV.

I may have gotten DSL but I'm really not bored enough to set up multiple accounts!! There's a few DCU, a few UCD and maybe some others.

A few had only one post but they're now addicted! :p
    *points to af666x and shock*

Thanks DeV. Always with the helpfulness... :)

fair enough, never know might get into it myself

• Advertisement

See it's working already!!?! :p

No harm in going to one night of it somewhere and seeing what you think.

Advertisement