Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somethings wrong

Options
  • 23-08-2003 3:33pm

When I try to run any exe file I get the red X warning that the .exe is not a valid win 32 application
    *edit- using windows 2000*
    how can I solve this problem
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

update ur anti-virus signatures
    and do a scan all processes in memory

if it doesnt find anything

scan all files..

sounds like a virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

The chances are that the virus may stop u from updating the a/v.

If that is the case find a mate who has up to date a/v and scan your harddrive through his machine and that will do the trick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

or use an online antivirus scanner - mostly they can't remove anything, but at least you'll know if you're infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

try Housecall

As an update.
    Went into add/remove and selected fix IE6 and restarted.

No more Win 32 errors after that-for some reason , some registery keys were missing.

So I've sucessfully installed mozilla now:p

and went back to uninstall IE6:ninja:

mm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Curious enough that does indeed sound like a virus (the namne escapes me) but if sorting IE6 fixed the issue
    then more power to you :D
    Mozilla wins again!

Advertisement