Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 repair

Options
  • 23-08-2003 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere that does ps2 repairs.Last night someone let mine drop and its knackered wont play anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

www.playstationuk.com - he repairs and chips consoles - really reliable - even though youll have to send it to him by courier it will most likely work out cheaper than anywhere in ireland...

Maybe try them shops on Talbot street too ? www.gamezone.ie i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Nice one ill try that gamezone place.I know someone in england who could do it but i dont really want to go to the bother of sending it over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

get your m8 to buy u a new one, or you'll pull his head off :p

I was in a mates house playing winning eleven 7 and yer man who dropped it isnt really a friend he lives down the road from me mates house and he came up to play it.I didnt tell him that it doesnt work yet but i dont want to be new one cos its modded and there is no way hes going to fork out for a pre modded one it will probably be hard enough to get the money to fix it from the ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Dont go to gamezone they are a rip off n repairs they charge €40 just to look at the machine regaurdless of it being repairable if you want i will take a look at it for you.
    A couple og Q??
    1.Does it still turn on and does it output the screen to tv?
    2.if yes try playing a music cd or a ps1 game something cd based

May be just the laser off the rails slightly
    Pm me if you want me to tkae a look

• Advertisement

40 just to look at it?The bastards
    Yeah it comes on and it goes straight into the browser/configuration menu just like when there is no disc in it.
    It wont read anything.I opened it up and had look inside and thething does even around when i put in a game so i think the whole cd drive is effed.I was thinking about buying a new cd drive for it?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Gamezone charge €90 for any repair [even if its a cheap on/off switch] and only offer a very short warranty [understandable].

Better off getting a new one, or 2'nd hand at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

There maybe a chance that one of the wires in the MOD may have come loose :confused:

Advertisement