Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

metallica play dublin and europe after christmas

• 23-08-2003 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

metallica will supposedly be doing another show in the point in february.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yes, yes they will. they've announced at most of their european dates that they'll be back in the new year, January and Febuary. Shazam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dave mustaine

Shazam is right,the point's a much better venue anyway you get a bit closer to the band and thats always cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Point is an awful venue, a real dive. Stupid queues for a drink, can't bring it into the arena itself, and above all the acoustics are crap.

Dark, soulless kip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

stupid queues for a drink? as opposed to the nice short reasonable ones they had at the RDS on wednesday?

Now now, don't put words in my mouth...

Actually, the wait for a beer in the RDS was quite short when we went up. The bar at the far end of the food and drink and jax area.

• Advertisement

The tent that was only doing Miller had pretty much no queue. There was only two or three in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Febuary

from a very reliable source

Fair enough it isnt great but do you only go to gigs because the of the venue? if thats the case you've probably been at a few s club 7 concerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Woah, I wasn't expecting them to return so quickly. This comes as a suprise seeing as they've have just played to most of their audience. Nevertheless, I may go again - it was a great gig. Hey, they might play Whiskey this time.

NME has quoted James Hedfield, who "looks foward to their winter return to the UK, promising simple "December Indoors." This is probably when the proposed Irish date is set. After that its February at the earliest.

Exactly, Ireland has always been a dependable crowd for metallca they constantly filled out the point why go to england and not here? they'll definitely play here

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dave mustaine
    Fair enough it isnt great but do you only go to gigs because the of the venue? if thats the case you've probably been at a few s club 7 concerts

There you go again...

You were decent enough on the other thread, then you throw this crap at me? I was responding to your original point (pardon the pin):
    the point's a much better venue anyway

Consideration of the venue does play a part for me, now anyway. I've seen most of my favourite bands play here, so unless its an absolute must see gig, I don't bother with some places.

And let us not forget, the Point has played host to manys an S-Club style act over the years...

Ok I admit it, fair enough I did contradict myself

I just noticed! pardon the "pin" should'nt that be pun? I know it's petty but I needed to point it out (pardon the pun!

I just noticed! pardon the "pin" should'nt that be pun? I know it's petty but I needed to point it out (pardon the pun!

No, I deliberately put it in there so you would have something concrete to throw back at me...:p

Touche! And on your 500th post too.

Damn, missed that...

Ah well, onwards and upwards (to 1000):D :D:D

Ok man relax, it's not a bitch contest. CALM DOWN

Perfectly calm my good man, and yourself?;)

Advertisement