Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesville crapiest games show ever?

• 23-08-2003 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭

it certainly is. heres some stupid things from it:warcraft is like warhammer and has charecters from warhammer. the people they get to go against each other are crap and 1 person finished 15secs ahead of another person in project gotham racing. one of the presenters thought project gotham was the project name for the XBOX lol.Games guru is an idiot. nearly everthing gets four G's

the people they get to play games are always realy young and think games are too hard.

the chidren on it screamed louder for fifa 2003 than PRO evoulution 2 !!!(that was the nail in the coffin and ill have to stick to my game pad (on bravo sky channel 124) and ultimate gamer ( on sci_f sky channel 130 ) .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

true game pad and ultimate gamer are the best atm

gamezville is such utter ****e it's worse than lan jam and that didn't go down too well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I caught it yesterday. Thought it was fairly crap to be honest. I'm not a massive gamer but I can spot a turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Yes it is the crappiest games show ever. i felt insulted after watching half of an episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Example of their reviewing scores.

C& C Generals which is known to be buggy and has a liking for tanks.
    "5 out 5 cos its got ace graphics"

etc etc

Crap show that game guru is a twat also.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

this show is even crappier then the dexter fletcher years of gamesmaster, and thats saying something

shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Gamezville is utter crap alright. I wouldn't say it's quite as bad as lan jam though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is this the show on Sky 1. i must check it out to see if it really is as bad as you guys say it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The main problem with any of these shows is that the producers/execs seem to be limiting their scope because they're under the 80's stereotype that games are played soley by kids and are nothing more then trivial playthings, totally alienating the more amture gamer who grew up with games.

Also, they seem to have presenter's who just want to use the show as a stepping stone to greater things, like day-time children's TV. Game shows should treated like motor or interior decorating shows, created by and for the hardcore enthusiast, although the faster nature of gaming (specifically PC gaming) raises its own problems.

And tbh, a rating system of points out of 5 is pointless. A bit of hard-hitting venom would be appreciated also, call a spade a spade. If a reviewer thinks a game is shit, say so.
    I suppose the temptation of soft money from publishers to butter up reviews can be over-powering for a new show.

It's sickening to see this sort of rubbish being pumped out when the money could be put into making Yet Another Reality TV-show.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

You gotta love that Game Guru guy.. He looks like hes on cocaine or something.. still with all the trash on TV atm I'd watch it again if nothing else was on..

Why is it on every games show that the cheats section of the show always has a plonker dressed up in robes in subdued lighting with echo reverb on his voice to make him even prattier then he already is

Drives me up the fing wall all the time

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Yes. Sir Patrick Moore a 'plonker.' :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kevok
    Yes. Sir Patrick Moore a 'plonker.' :rolleyes:

Hmm maybe im a bit blind here, but where did i say in that post that Sir Patrick Moore noted astronomer and Xylophone player was a plonker

:D

Shin

Perhaps not every show then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's on about 4 so i never see it. Which is nice :)

HATE gamepad. HATE that fat ginger lispy slag!

The Game Network is utter bollocks also.

TBH there is no TV show for the hardcore gamer. Just stick to the mags, internet and mates recommendations for the moment.

Originally posted by Kold
    It's on about 4 so i never see it. Which is nice :)

HATE gamepad. HATE that fat ginger lispy slag!

The Game Network is utter bollocks also.

TBH there is no TV show for the hardcore gamer. Just stick to the mags, internet and mates recommendations for the moment.

Ill have nothing said against Ivan, the mans a legend in his own lunchtime, he knows nothing about anything, says something like this thousands of times and hes a dub, cmon IVAN ye legend ye

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What do you guys think of Cybernet? I remember it used to be on TCC but now its sometimes on UTV at late hours. Its not amazing, but it doesn't bring me to the level of getting pissed off (no presenters is a nice touch).

Gamezville is utter sh!te. Hey all you geeks and freaks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

The programme is obviously aimed at 8-12 year olds. This is like complaining that Bob the Builder is ****. Not every games show that comes around must be made for mature gamers. It's not ment for you, you're not gonna like it, so don't watch it. Let the kiddies enjoy their gamezville, and bring back Bits for the big boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

A bit of hard-hitting venom would be appreciated also, call a spade a spade. If a reviewer thinks a game is ****, say so.

They gave one of the games 1/5 calling it extremely tedious, saying it borrowed heavily from other games and such.

It might be a bit patronising, a tad (er, extremely) condescending - and I don't think you're too far wrong in saying that it's simply being used as a stepping stone by everybody working on it.

However, they are trying their best with their Retro sections and whatnot - and for that, they get kudos from me. Not much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    What do you guys think of Cybernet? I remember it used to be on TCC but now its sometimes on UTV at late hours. Its not amazing, but it doesn't bring me to the level of getting pissed off (no presenters is a nice touch).

No presenters on Cybernet you say.... What about that American gob****e who says some stupid pun or incredibly bad joke at the end of every Review\Preview. It's still the best video games show at the moment though (I wouldn't know about the ones on digital since I don't have it).

It's usually on around the excellent timeslot of 1:50 am on Friday morning for those of you who need no sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

It gives me a headache. It is meant for kids though, the people testing the games are usually around 10 years old, well they look that way anyway. Why do we need a television show for games anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bits and thumb bandits that were on channel 4 were ok, well they were better than gamezville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

those presenters are such asses..... they try to cut people off if they have anything intelligent to say, unless theyre older than them, like the guy who was doin the thing about Wolfenstien. you have to be guest to get a word in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Something like Top Gear would be the business.

2/3 experienced (20+) gamers talking about news, reviewing and previewing with a critical eye, having a laugh, and a few decent celebrity challenges. And NO KIDS ALLOWED!!

Gamez-vile is beyond criticism. The two presenters are just playing up to the "w1ck3d" stereotype (amazed that they don't ahve any bling-bling hanging off them) and Brother v. Sister? :rolleyes:

Gamezville = Alan Partidge of gaming shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Thumbs down from me. The presenters are already annoying me and keep talking out of their arses.

Ratings out of 5, fine. What's with the "G's" though? Awful. Ow yeah man it's great innit I giv it like 4 G's. Posers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yee guys call it a kids show and im only thirteen i still think its bollix. I can tell ya not even 11 or 12 year olds wud like this. its so stupid getting kids to play games all they can say is:its realy hard and i couldnt find out how to do this and that. crazy children on it cheered fifa more than pro evoulution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Oh i was going to rush out and buy one of their '4 Gs' games after hearing such an indept review :rolleyes:

Come on, if they were even to give the game something out of 10 it would have been better than the utter tripe they are talking. The presenters look like they are on some sort of drugs half that time, they are so excited.

Have to agree with the 'dump the kids' bit, as most of them wouldn't have been playing games as long as the rest of us.

who ever the a Top Gear type of team is right, they should review games in categories, and make comparisons. I only watch it to see some of the games, if they didn't have any presenters it would be even better :p

In regard to some of the games shows on Cable/Digital, i really hate the one where they have a tiny screen, and it's surrounded by text messaging from people, and adds banners. :(

Who the f0rk is Ivan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

He's some guy on Game Network.

The myth of soma guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by shinzon
    Why is it on every games show that the cheats section of the show always has a plonker dressed up in robes in subdued lighting with echo reverb on his voice to make him even prattier then he already is
    That show presented by the three chicks didn't.

Advertisement