Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesville crapiest games show ever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Lan Jam was on a whole other level of ****eness. Gamezville isn't nearly as bad.

That said, its still ****e.

They should do a show in the same format as Film 2003. They could use Jonathan Ross as well, he knows alot about games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Kold
    The myth of soma guy?

No, not that guy, hes the irish chap with the ginger beard who presents

contact us
    Game-network weekend edition
    Clans
    Sometimes TNT

And in my opinion hes possibly the saviour of all games programs, the knowledge he possess is endless and the catchphrase "something like this" will go down in history as the greatest saying in the universe.

The presenting style is second to none, ah man hes just a legend

:o

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I gave this show another chance today, there were 2 gorls playing bomberman in the challenge, A thin one and a fat one. they rigged the game so the fat chick would lose! She was always starting in the top left corner, but they set the time limit on the game to 10 seconds or something, when the time runs out the screen closes in a clockwise, starting from the top left of the screen, instantly eliminating the player before she'd dropped 2 bombs! this happened twice in a row, after which, they ridiculed her for "blowing herself up". Gamesmaster wouldn't take that crap during his challenges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Epitaph
    Something like Top Gear would be the business.

2/3 experienced (20+) gamers talking about news, reviewing and previewing with a critical eye, having a laugh, and a few decent celebrity challenges. And NO KIDS ALLOWED!!
    Exactly, and for reviews, previews etc. have the output captured so the refresh rate won't play with the camera.
    Show off the games, point out particularly great/crap areas visually. Have some interviews with industry types, prehaps vary the format every now and then (or even a 3-4 part mini-series with a different format/aspect done in each slot), maybe a reviews section one week, hardware/tech blab the next, chat-show typ thing with good guests to ramble about the future of gaming the other. There's plenty of scope if they'd only look outside the farking box.

Gamezville = Alan Partidge of gaming shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

saw another bit of it today when I woke up.

It's absolute tripe of the highest calibre.

And I'm not entirely convinced they're soley aiming for the teeny-bopper market either....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

Gamezville = Alan Partidge of gaming shows.

i sincerely hope thats not an insult to alan partridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I was referring to the way one watchs Alan Partridge through one's fingers, which are adhered to one's face in a futile attempt to prevent one from witnessing the next atrocity our esteemed Alan will commit. But one can't help but watch.

Just like Gamezville - one wants to tear oneself away, to bathe oneself in vinegar and iodine, and to run around Lough Derg crying for a solid week.

But one can't.

Insiiiidioooooousssss.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

but Alan is funny and this show is just sad sooooo sadddddddd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The only letting the better looking girls win the challenges theory is correct. I witnessed a monkey ball 2 challenge today and the munter did indeed lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I caught a bit of this the other day.
    Honestly god-awful drivel.

I had to switch the TV off by the second time that "Games Guru" came on.
    Patrick Moore he certainly isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

one wants to tear oneself away, to bathe oneself in vinegar and iodine, and to run around Lough Derg crying for a solid week.

!?.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I usually cath the first 20 minutes of the rerun in the mornings before I goto work and my god it doesnt get better with time. The presenters seem to be so poor and clueless and think if they say " it uses cellshading and has guns innit" over and over they will start to come across as knowing something.

had to laugh at it this morning, the clued in boyz made a right **** up, they were talking to the G team (honestly sigh), the guy was talking about call of duty from activision, to whit one of he presenters said and i quote "didnt activision make medal of honour" (BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), the g-team guy said no that was EA, but most that worked on medal of honour worked on this

Christ whered they find the BOYZ

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by shinzon

Christ whered they find the BOYZ

no doubt selling crack, warez and lots of gamez in a dodgy market in peckam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

No doubt the guys at BSkyB are pissing themselves laughing while counting their advertising money, because a lot of you still seem to be watching it despite how terrible you think it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It's the Sky1 style of recruitment.. Find someone cool and hip (in their view), who will appeal to the target audience as a role-model... Qualifications: unnecessary.

It's the same Sky formula again and again.. The guys presenting Gamesville problably got turned down from 'The Villa', and 'Worlds dumbest criminals'.

Dumb shows for dumb people.. A TV equivalent of pop-corn.. Tastes bland, but it'll keep you chewing for half an hour..

Originally posted by MrPinK
    No doubt the guys at BSkyB are pissing themselves laughing while counting their advertising money, because a lot of you still seem to be watching it despite how terrible you think it is.

Hmm the man does have a point what the hell are we all still watching it for

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I havent seen it, but the computer games and drug dealers combination intrigues me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'd say the reason most people watch it is cos there's not (m)any other vid game shows on normal telly.

In its favour it does give GBA games a go - but then they have to keep saying that the "screen's a bit small" ... HELLO ... it's a GBA, the game doesn't come with an extended replacement screen ffs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by shinzon
    Hmm the man does have a point what the hell are we all still watching it for

Shin

Because we're all pretentious assholes that love pointing out the mistakes they make (and the show is full of them).

It's like a car crash. You just... can't... help yourself.

• Advertisement

LoL! I watched it today... Its a FOECKING HOUR LONG. OMG. The guests were giving the games reviews, i spose cos the boyz havent a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

completely agree. I saw it once and jesus it is the worst thing ever!!! Everything single thing is s*** about it!!! Those 2 tossers that present it, i dunno where they found them. They really suck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭KilOit

the 2 presenters are too energetic and intusiastic and there only 2 f***ers jumping around like morons. while the audience are too shy and timid too even look at the cameras. it just comes across as foolish and very amature. plus the reviews suck ass they said p.n o3 was fps like wtf do they think a fps is it was third person :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

The 'reviews' are a joke. They get some 12 yr old reviewing a GBA game and it goes something like this:
    "Well it was a little hard to figure out..."
    "Do you have a GBA?"
    "No."
    "Do you play much games?"
    "No."
    "OK, so what would you give it?"
    "I'd give it 4 because it's got some good graphics..."
    "There you have it, the offical Gamezville rating...."

What a load of b*llox! Could they not get someone half way interested in games to review a game! Where do they find these people? At an S-Club-7 concert?!

What other game shows are there? I only have NTL's crappy 12 channels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Bring back Big Boy Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Bring back Big Boy Barry

exactly, well said SearrarD!
    The 'reviews' are a joke. They get some 12 yr old reviewing a GBA game and it goes something like this:
    "Well it was a little hard to figure out..."
    "Do you have a GBA?"
    "No."
    "Do you play much games?"
    "No."
    "OK, so what would you give it?"
    "I'd give it 4 because it's got some good graphics..."
    "There you have it, the offical Gamezville rating...."

What a load of b*llox! Could they not get someone half way interested in games to review a game! Where do they find these people? At an S-Club-7 concert?!

Yeah i know. The kids thzt they get to review the games don't really give a toss and r to shy to say much. i watched it once, never again!!

Actually, to be fair Jamie could get the job done. It's the closet homosexual, tight t-shirt wearing Daz that really is a joke. The fact that he doesn't use phrases like 'Whagwan Blood!?' makes me think that hes probably upper middle class trying to pass off as a yardie bad boy.

Bloke:Well i'm reviewing the new Starfox game...

Daz: Starfox? Yeeea man, ar fink i rememba him...

Bloke: um well, he's already had a much hyped game come out for the gamecube.

Daz: Yea well, *looks at card* How do you find the characters and tha gameplay and the graphics?

I mean... FFS...WTF....GET OFF MY FRIKKING TV U REHAB...

just so all of you know, the guru of game-network is online this very moment, yes the man is on, in passing goto the thread located here and say hi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1095127#post1095127

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sod

to those who know of big boy barry----

who else was on that program, was it called gamesworld? god my memory is gone down the crapper these last couple of years, i used to love that show, even though it was probably rubbish but i was young and thick.
    remember when they played SF2 on the SNES and yer man presenting would ALWAYS say "these guys are such professionals that they are programming their buttons to their own set up" pfft, which is exactly what everyone did cos the default set up was all over the shop, nice memories though, was one of em the executioner?

• Advertisement

Has Gamezville ended, cause there was no program on at 9am this morning, just a repeat of beverly hills 90210

Shin

Advertisement