Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3

Options
  • 09-04-1999 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Lads , ive read a thing in a magazine about q3 and Id actually said the following: When john was working on trinity, the id lads were working on a new q2 expansion , they realised they hadnt the man power to do both so the squashed the two of em together. This is true , thats why it has all the q2 weapons and looks like q2 (ie A kinda manga cartoony feel to it , in my opinion q2 looked cartoony and q1 always had more atmosphere). So im telling ye dont buy it , cos its just a q2 addon. Also why did they bring back the lightining gun ? hmmm? cos its the best weapon ever, and also why have they brought back dm6 and other cooler levels, why u ask ,cos theyre played at a much faster pace and are better.
    Id know q1 is better and they are just cashing in on the name "quake", because why have they brought out the new quakeworld which disables proxies , yet in q2 they have that **** %l, %x stuff.(I think im right about that proxy bit).
    I just taught id get that out in the open
    I also hope no q2er is gonna slag me, because i have played q2 and have played in the q2 league and i know what im sayin when i say it aint as good as q1 , but thats just my opinion.

Pred

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

this man talks no bullcrap and hits the nail on the head smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

They brought back the lightening gun but they have made it into a muppet weapon, its no longer any use as a quick change weapon and from frontline...
    it distributes damage from rate-of-turn rather than Quake 1's pinpoint "direct-hit-or-miss." What that means is if you swing the lightning gun around 90 degrees and overshoot your opponent, Q3 will evenly spread the damage along your entire arc of motion.

so it is now a muppet weapon.

Quakeworld is made by Zoid, and as far as i know he is not linked to ID. Once the servers dont change from QW2.3 we will be ok, besides this version is a beta and i cant see the proxies being banned in QW2.4 cause of all the sh!t stirred up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

so then quake 3 is gonna rock and every quake1 and 2er is gonna love it(question)
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????need an answer ***** gimme gimmme!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????

scar would that mean if u did a few spins and THEN hit a player by touvhing him it would FRY him ?

this really sounds quite the game

pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

yeaa q3 is gona ROCK itll have all the best weapons from both q1 aand q2 and i justs dont see how it can fail unless they make it feel slow like q2 tho that might not be a bad thing if they keep the weapon change speed up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Nah u wil take off more damage if u keep it straight on them, but its not a skilled weapon anymore if u dont actually have to hit them to take off damage.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

its amazing people still give a crap about the q1 vs. q2 thing. just play the ****ing game and shut up for christ's sake.

[This message has been edited by Maximilian (edited 11-04-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Agreed Maxi

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Just to spice it up, we should bring back the old Amiga vs. Atari ST debate, or how about C64 vs. Spectrum??

We could all be major tossers then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Agreed Maxi - the C64 kicked the ass of those rubber band machines called Spectrum!!!

As for Q2 -v- Quake. The choice is obvious, innit? QUAKE ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

I'm sorry Q2 guys, I've played the game on a really fast machine (PIII 450) and it's still WAY too slow for my liking.

Oh and Scarab's right - the skill's gone from the LG if that's the way they're gonna run with it.

Pred - everyone knows that ID split their resources between Trinity and a Q2 addon and then had sense enough to make decide to focus on just Trinity - which became Q3A as we now see it. This is not news and it in no way means that Q3A is a Q2 Muppet add-on type game!

All the best,

Dav
    curlydav.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 12-04-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

wouldn't that lead to a boring board full of topics nobody really cares too much about? wink.gif
    long live the q1 v. q2 debate .. yay
    take it q2 tongue.gif

dav dav davino!

the boy talks sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Don't start this **** again, please. And keep your personal opinions to yourself we'd all be much happier smile.gif

Keg

Advertisement