Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

random image loading problems

• 24-08-2003 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

hi, i seem to be losing images at random on boards pages, eg. the stars under the user handle, or the right arrow icon in the thread list, or the thread rating icons, or the likedis image within the thread itself, will fail to load and appear instead as [x] + alt text. just to make it even more interesting, it doesn't happen all the time, just intermittently. i'm using ie6 on win2k (patched to the hilt) using the default skin atm and am logged in. i'm not sure if it's the ie6 patches or what but it has only happened in the last few days. haven't noticed it happening on other sites though, just boards.

have you heard anyone else having the same problem? if not then 2381 users on the default skin can't all be wrong so i'll just stick my head back into the sand and look for a cause locally on my machine. thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

We get an odd report of something like this. The images all work fine for me however. I suspect some sort of windows bug. Are you using NAT on your local network ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

yeah, there's nat all right, but i've been using this network setup since may and it's only become screwy lately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I've seen IE intermittently fail to load pages/images in that sort of setup, but I don't know if it's a windows thing or some side effect of the NAT setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

cool. i'll have a look locally then. thanks.

Advertisement