Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop on finance.

• 24-08-2003 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

thinking of buying a dell laptop on finance since I don't have a grand at the moment but could easily pay it off over 2 years....
    Anyone done this before?
    What are your experiences, do they expect a deposit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

fisty,

Have you considered getting a personal loan spread over a 2 year repayment period. From a Bank or Credit Union, as the financial institutions that provide finance for products such as computers tend to charge extremely high interest.

If you get a loan from a Bank. You can then negotiate a purchase for a cash/outright deal price. This method usually saves the purchaser a lot of DOSH!.

For Dells finance deals visit:- www.dell.ie

Good luck.

P.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Don't do it.

Look at the APR on dell finance, then check out your own bank / building society / credit union.

Dell calculate the APR based on your credit risk score - the more you need the credit, the more you pay for it - when I was there (breifly) I once quoted someone 43% APR for finance...

They don't expect a deposit, but if you give one, it'll obviously reduce the amount of interest you pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robpower

Very satisfies Dell Notebook customer here, I got a notebook on finance and they didnt expect any deposit, usual credit checks apply though but sure you have to expect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

robpower,

What annual APR is your finance costing you?..

You may be a very satisfied Dell notebook/Laptop computer customer, and why should you not be.

However, you do not appear to understand the differance between paying a ludicrously high interest rate via Dells finance deals and the savings that can be made by borrowing directly and personally through ordinary Banks, Credit unions or Building Societies.

Perhaps, you are just another punter who has fallen for the old!, All this can be yours for only €35.99c a month, over 36 months trap. Where the true interest rate that you will be paying the financial institution is cleverly hidden away in the small print?.. and is usually a total rip-off!!.

P.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement