Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever been kicked off a server because they thought you were cheating when you werent?

Options
  • 24-08-2003 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

now first of all ive never cheated in my life i hate people who use aim bots wall hacks and config changes

although a bit annoying, i think its the biggest complement you can ever be payed to be banned or kicked from a server. especially when you go onto a clan server and beat the living sh1t out of every clan member until they start teaming up on you and you kick even more sh1t out of them its really funny

does anyone agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It happens. When you start to play well theres always a goodly amount of emotionally unstable 13-73 year olds around. Part and parcel of online gaming. Wouldnt get too worked up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

search the cs forum, this topic comes up many times :rolleyes:
    ah sure what can ya do :)
    as Sand said "theres always a goodly amount of emotionally unstable 13-73 year olds around" that cliam you're cheating when you're doing well. don't get worked up about it unless it's a server you like playing on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I've been kicked from 3/4 CS servers over the last week or ten days or so, and verbally abused and accused on a few more. I know it was because I was playing really well at the time, but debatable whether they really thought I was cheating or not. The reasons given ranged from "I need to free up a slot for a friend" (he later just admitted he wanted to kick me, the game had only been on a few rounds and I was 11-0 or so), to none at all - "bye bugler" popping up before getting kicked and banned. I've also had admins kill me using rcon/their various mods because I killed them in-game, and have learned that camping on French CS servers actually has nothing to do with how you killed, and more to do with who you killed :)

My ISP seems to ping really well to France at the moment which is why I play there, the admins have to be among the most obnoxious I've experienced.

You shouldn't let it get to you, tellingly it is usually from the servers of very average clans it happens. Decent players/admins tend to be good at determining if someone is cheating or not. Mind you it can happen anywhere, but just pat yourself on the back and go rape some other servers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

but been kicked off servers cause of my crappy 56k connection all the time

Very tetchy these broadband guys LOL

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Yeah got kicked off a delta force 2 server ages ago. Thought it was kinda funneh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

My ISP seems to ping really well to France at the moment which is why I play there, the admins have to be among the most obnoxious I've experienced.

This is not a coincidence to my mind:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

In CS this is particularly frustrating due to how hard you have to look to find a half busy public server lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Kept happening to me when i was playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, some guy would say, 'stop it' and then i would be booted. I just kept trying and it seemed to be resolved. I think if you keep joining the same place (if possible) you should be ok, as with niteclubs you will become a regular :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I've been kicked of SOF2 servers on Xbox LIVE for using the 2 grenades in my M4. I have also been kicked for having being good. My team which consisted of 2 players inc. myself was winning 40-17 kills against a team which had 5 players. They just said "Bye, Ninja!!".

Most players on UK Xbox forums experience this on yank servers. Yanks are terrible for being sore losers and quick tempered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Used to happen a lot in my ninja Q2 days. Remember one time playing on a public UK FFA Server on DM8 railing everyone in sight with a 300+ ping. Naturally, I was accused of cheating and subsequently kicked off the server. It was great fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I get kicked off nearly every Mohaa server if its the Omaha Beach map, i dont mean to brag but i whoop ass on that map, i have a Custom skin so im a Brit sniper so im green i go to the back of the boats and crouch + lean in the water and snipe the bastards in the Bunkers or wherever, so they all think im using an aimbot cuz they cant see me (such noobs) so i get kicked :( , but i take it as a compliment, they say ur cheating bye, i hear jesus ur a good sniper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

usually if yer kicked and your not cheating its because a mod is conflicting, or your punkbuster/anticheating program needs an update :) in the case of the lowly 56kb/sec modem its probably because there is a ping limit in effect on the server. Nothing worse than been shot from around the corner by a guy lagging along at 300 ping, i think wolfenstein fixed this with a patch, but I'm not certain about other games.
    could be other settings on your P.C's causing it though
    :eek:

Exneigh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

To be honest Stormfox, I'd probably boot you off for doing that too. While not cheating, it is fantastically lame. Get up the fupping beach. No mystery why it's that map you own on, eh?

Edit: Exneigh, I don't think anyone here is really referring to being kicked by anti-cheat programs. People are more focused on being accused of cheating by other players, and worse, admins, and getting booted by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

A friend of mine was kicked + banned from a server he was a regular on (jarhedz CS), the admins said he was definately cheating, however, what they later found out is that he had an admin over his shoulder watching him play, and i was there beside him too (we werent in game tho, we were playing DaoC), luckily he got the ban lifted tho after a chat with the other admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

What's worse is what I did.

Was playing BF1942:SWoWW2 online, as Axis, and had it in for one particular player (as he kept killing me, you know how it gets). Someone must have disconnected, and as the Auto-balance team was on, I was automatically switched to the Allies. I simply didn't notice, thought I was still Axis, so just layed into this poor guy every time he re-spawned at my/our control point (I still thought I was against him). Needless to say, I was promptly kicked

Doh :)

But then again Bugler its fantastically lame, when all the frigin axis go under the map and blow everyone on the beach away :( . So i usually go to the back of the boats when they do that cuz its a safe spot, and funny enough they dont get kicked for it but i get kicked for sniping all of them. Plus pissing people off is way better then blowing up sum Flak Cannons heh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Stromfox, itsa beachmap, allies are MEANT to get blown to bits repeatidly, because thats more or less how it was, if the whole team keeps rushing up tho you can all get up the beach and start killing back, just a pity most people dont see it this way and decide to camp the beach which ruins the map for everyone, which is probably why you get kicked for it (Id kick you for it myself).

I can see where your coming from but sum1 has to put a hole in the MG42 Gunners head, thus providing cover for the Allies to get in. I dont always Snipe anyway its sorta a last resort, anyways this is getting a bit to off topic, wut were we talkin about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

MoHAA is incredibly lame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

not a very mature thing to say Kold....

Was called aimbot when playing UT as well, even in a few clan matches *sigh* And that's with my pisspoor aim.... :confused:

:ninja:

• Advertisement
Advertisement