Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G'wan Alonso!

• 24-08-2003 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Youngest ever pole sitter and race winner (and he lapped Shumi for good measure!) Well done.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

was sweet to see! :) and such a close championship now too!!

on a sour note, that bloody cosworth must go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    was sweet to see! :) and such a close championship now too!!

on a sour note, that bloody cosworth must go!

Yeah on both counts, its going to be nip and tuck right to the end methinks....as for that engine package how many Cossies blew this week? 6/7? Something like that in total.

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yep, well done to Alonso. I've become a big fan of his.

What about Barrichello, will he ever get rid of that label of, "The unluckiest man in F1."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yep indeed great win by Alonso,hes a great talent,young,and a very likeable person also unlike a certain German who got lapped by Fernando today :)
    What a season its turning into, i still back Montoya though but it will be close.
    Again Congrats to a wonderful talent on his win today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

It's fantastic to see Alonso win today, and win so stylishly. And to be on the podium with Kimi and JPM is fantastic, what a show for the younger drivers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

well done Alonso great drive...a champion in waiting no doubt about it...but what if schu had won the race in the style as Alonso did?everybody would have said another boring michael drive which i think is a bit unfare on the most successful and one of the best drivers of all time...which i think is just something people should think about....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

what if schu had won the race in the style as Alonso did?everybody would have said another boring michael drive which i think is a bit unfare on the most successful and one of the best drivers of all time

Well said napalm

Alonso will make a great Ferrari driver some day.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by napalm@night
    well done Alonso great drive...a champion in waiting no doubt about it...but what if schu had won the race in the style as Alonso did?everybody would have said another boring michael drive which i think is a bit unfare on the most successful and one of the best drivers of all time...which i think is just something people should think about....

its all relative though its just because alonso has never done that before we consider it better, as it was i'd have to say it wasn't a fantastic race for victory though the race for the other places was good, probably one of the best results we could have had for the championship and i'm glad alonso won it fair play to him.

i don't see any reason though why he has to go to ferrari i hope he never makes a good ferrari driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alonso should'nt need to join any other team, he is Renaults star
    and can have the whole team built around him if his cureent form continues into next year. Anyway the cars getting better and better the only thing it lacks is outright power and that'll come.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Alonzo has come a long way from Minardi.
    And quickly too. (Even when he was with them he was amazing considering the wheels he had beneath his arse)

No doubt other teams are sniffing him out and if they're not
    they bloody well should be!

Although I think Mike's right.
    Renault should hold onto him, with everything they got.

In fact I must say Renault have come on a lot themselves.
    It wasn't so long ago when they were one of the slowest cars out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Remember, Flavio got rid of Schumi didn't he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

and he swapped fisi for trulli IIRC i never really understood the wisdom of that decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

Flavio never got rid of schumi in fact he wanted to keep him but schumi wanted to move on....plus alonso is on a long term reno contract never mind the fact that he is manged by Flavio himself!so for the time being both futures of reno and alonso are connected to the man who came from being a manger selling jumpers..:)

Advertisement