Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Videos for Nokia 3650

• 24-08-2003 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Unless I had a lovely dream, I heard a guy say on these boards a while ago that he had a full episode of south park stored in his 3650. I have a 128mb mmc card so I've got loads of space, but how in the world would I go about getting an episode onto my phone like that??? Please help, because i have absolutely no idea.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by coke
    Unless I had a lovely dream, I heard a guy say on these boards a while ago that he had a full episode of south park stored in his 3650. I have a 128mb mmc card so I've got loads of space, but how in the world would I go about getting an episode onto my phone like that??? Please help, because i have absolutely no idea.:(
    Assuming you have a means to transfer files to your phone and a legitamate copy of the episode you wish to put on it (in an MPEG or AVI format); all you should need are the Nokia Multimedia Converter to convert it to the 3GP format and then Nokia Video recorder to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

playback is available through the RealOne Mobile Player on the 3650, it can support playback of RealVideo (.rm) and 3GPP (.3gp) files, encoded up to 80kbps, from the multimedia card

i've stuck with encoding .3gp files using iMove, since Apple included support for the 3GPP Standard in Quicktime 6.3 with the add on QuickTime 3GPP component

haven't had any luck playing back any .nim files produced using the Nokia Multimedia Converter though :(

hth,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Marginally off topic, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced bluetooth card so I can actually avail of my 7650’s full capabilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 coke

So Corinthian, where in the world could I find say a Simpsons episode in an MPEG or AVI format? We're talking the web here aren't we? Like is that the kinda thing i might find on their official website? Would I have to cough up for it? By the way, I'm nearly possitive that the official website,unsurprisingly, does not offer episodes in any format... I'm confused... and what does the nokia multimedia converter do? Converts the file into MPEG or AVI format? Oh, and I will have a means of transfering files very soon, I'm looking around for a suitable bluetooth adaptor.

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    Marginally off topic, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced bluetooth card so I can actually avail of my 7650’s full capabilities
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=25406&t=&l=&AvdID=1&CatID=&GrpID=&s=sr
    So Corinthian, where in the world could I find say a Simpsons episode in an MPEG or AVI format? We're talking the web here aren't we? Like is that the kinda thing i might find on their official website? Would I have to cough up for it? By the way, I'm nearly possitive that the official website,unsurprisingly, does not offer episodes in any format... I'm confused... and what does the nokia multimedia converter do? Converts the file into MPEG or AVI format? Oh, and I will have a means of transfering files very soon, I'm looking around for a suitable bluetooth adaptor.
    You might buy a Simpsons DVD and rip an episode from it into MPEG or AVI format. For more info try the Technology or Art / Anim / Photo boards.

Alternatively, I’d imagine that a P2P file-sharing program and a broadband connection would do the trick. But that’s not really a topic for this, or any other, board as it falls into the category of warez and pirated media and will earn the poster a very quick ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 coke

Firstly Corinthian, I've bin looking for a bluetooth adaptor too, did you notice that Komplett have raised that price to like €75? Unless I am missing the point, but i just went to their site and searched for that product, and found it at 73.93. But it used to be like €35... and still is on the link you provided. Help?
    I have a Simpsons DVD. Ripping, mmhhhh(what the hell is that?)... that don't sound very legal. It isn't by any chance is it? Is there any legal way of obtaining a copy of an episode?

Firstly Corinthian, I've bin looking for a bluetooth adaptor too, did you notice that Komplett have raised that price to like €75? Unless I am missing the point, but i just went to their site and searched for that product, and found it at 73.93. But it used to be like €35... and still is on the link you provided. Help?
    Sorry, that's called the law of Supply and Demand.
    I have a Simpsons DVD. Ripping, mmhhhh(what the hell is that?)... that don't sound very legal. It isn't by any chance is it? Is there any legal way of obtaining a copy of an episode?
    I don't know if ripping (i.e. taking the video/audio off a DVD/CD and converting it into an MPEG/MP3) is strictly illegal if you own the DVD/CD and it's for personal use. You'll get a better answer at the boards I suggested above.

Advertisement