Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD's won't play

• 24-08-2003 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine made some DVD's on his PC but they won't play on mine (these DVD's are not copies by the way, just captured VHS tapes so there is nothing illegal in it).
    The only thing I can think of is that his file system is NTFS and mine is FAT32 but that shouldn't make any difference, should it?
    His OS is Windows XP, mine is Windows 2000 but that should be O.K. too, I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Chances are that your DVD drive doesn't support whatever format that his is recorded on. Try doing a search on google for your drive model no. and whatever format he recorded with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭lukin

I don't think that's the problem as I have a Pioneer DVR-A04 drive and it won't play on them either (The DVD's were made on a Pioneer DVR-A05).
    The start of the DVD's play fine but then it freezes and says "Not Responding".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I have a Geforce 3 gfx card and with the last 3 Detonator releases it wont play DVDs, wanted to watch The Recruit last night so I had to unistall my drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

get a software dvd player eg power dvd or win dvd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by lukin
    The only thing I can think of is that his file system is NTFS and mine is FAT32 but that shouldn't make any difference, should it?
    His OS is Windows XP, mine is Windows 2000 but that should be O.K. too, I think.
    As you guessed, neither of those things matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

get a DVD cleaner disk

Advertisement