Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMS Sending Problems

• 24-08-2003 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I got a Nokia phone and i cant get it to send MMS messages. When you put in the number, it saves to the outbox for sending, wtf? I havent gone near any settings. What should they be set to. I know my WAP IP is wrong so i assume that other settings are probably wrong too. My network is O2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

maybe your messaging service number is wrong . if it's new just bring it back to where you bought it. i'd give you the numbers myself for the messaging service but my phones dead and i'm at work :P. perhaps someone else can give you it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It is likely going to one of the following problems.

You are not set up correctly on the operators network or you phone is not configured correctly. Have you actually tried to contact O2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ive got the updated MMS and WAP settings from o2.ie. Didnt know that they had them there. I didnt contact O2 cause i didnt buy the handset off them. Would they still help?

I bought the phone off someone here on boards, my old phone was a 3310 :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeah they still should help you, well the sim origionally did come from o2 and you're giving them your money for credit, so why not! give em a call or pop into one of their centers if there's one near you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

gprs probally isn't enabled on your o2 account unless you got the phone from them. They don't have it enabled by default. Just send them an e-mail and ask them to turn it on for ya, only takes a day or two.

Gid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It only takes about 5 seconds. Email them or call them, and just tell them you want your phone enabled for GPRS and that you want access to their WAP and MMS APNS.

Advertisement