Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placing restrictions on visitation rights

Options
  • 24-08-2003 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for information or links on circumstances where the mother of a child can restrict access to the father of her children on the grounds that his new partner is also the childrens aunt is it possible to prevent him turning up to take the children out with their aunt present.

The mother does nit find the idea of daddy and aunty playing happy families in front of her children

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

just to mention he was having an affair with the childrens aunt while still with their mother for about 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 johnKarma

Sorry to be unhelpful but you (or the person you're helping) really, really should consult a solicitor. Visitation rights can be a total nightmare - often you are subject to the whims of your local health board/social workers. It might cost a bit, but it'll be worth it in the end. Good luck.

edit: typo

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i am not the adulterer here bothe the girls are my sisters

all i can do is is just be there for the sister with the kids and to hell with the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Try the parenting section of boards.

There a a links to a lot sites with information that may be of help.

But formal offical viatiations rights are often mediated with the fmily mediation service or through the family law courts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=251

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Indeed Thaed, parenting may be a better place for this. Apologies if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

www.solo.ie have links about a lot of the legal stuff and the information on Dolphin house the family law courts ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

It may be upsetting - and I'm damned sure it's upsetting, but the court looks at things from the point of view of what's best for the child.
    If courts prevented fathers from having access to their children because they committed adultery, however appalling it is, then there'd be one hell of a lot of fathers AND mothers with no access to their children.
    A court will only refuse access if there is a risk to the child. I can't see a court doing this on the grounds that the father dumped the mother for the sister, however much a bastard he is.

And in my opinion a child should not be denied his/her parent on these grounds.

Advertisement