Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Lagging Graphics During Play

Options
  • 24-08-2003 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I have a few rigs at home my main rig with its fx5900ultra256 card has no problems running battlefield :D but i got a fx5200128 for one of my secondary rigs and it has the same problem as my geforcemx440. My rigs with ati cards 7500s do not have this problem at all.
    Basically what happens is there is a kind of jerking during play (only in battlefield) and a noticeable delay with how my mouse movement interacts with the cursor on the screen and the same with my cross hair

It happens on nvidia cards but not on ati (will happen on my 5900 aswell if all options are set up to the last to a small degree, ati cards when strained will just give a bad frame rate which is better)

does anybody know a solution to this no doubt common problem other than turning down the graphics in the game

To recap (if i wasnt clear), I move my mouse and the screen follows suit but with a noticable delay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

im in work now I will try some of these commands when I get home

Renderer
    renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1/0 (Similar to setting in Videodefault.con – see above)
    renderer.extrapolateFrame 1/0
    renderer.mipMapBias # (Determines how clear the textures appear. The lower the value, the sharper the textures ranging from -8 to 14.)
    renderer.setVSyncEnabled 1/0 1/0 (Enables/Disables Vertical Sync. Both boolean values must match for this setting to work, e.g. 0 0 (off) or 1 1 (on))
    renderer.getVSyncEnabled (Displays whether Vsync is enabled (1) or disabled (0))
    renderer.lockfps # (Attempts to keep FPS at number entered)
    renderer.vertexFogEnable 1/0
    renderer.wireframe 1/0
    renderer.forceSWSkinning 1/0

hopefully one of them will be the answer
    any more solutions please post them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Wot kinda processors are they and wot os ?

CombatCow

No, thats not relevant, 2800xp processor,1800xp processors a gig of ram, windows xp, it dosent matter. It's a problem with nvidia based cards and the battlefield game engine (how its meant to be played my arse). Do you have the same problem?

Hello Meadows your looking well today.

To sort out your problem go the the console and type

renderer.extrapolateFrame 0
    or
    renderer.extrapolateFrame 1
    to put it back to normal

1 will give better smoothness
    0 will give better responsive at a choppier framerate

Good bye Meadows (what a guy)

Sorry If its a bit weird how I sorted out my own problem but
    I would like to thank Winters
    for his mighty list of console commands where I found the solution

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1070668#post1070668

thankz bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

i have this problem with my gf3ti200 aswell, thx for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I have the same problem , though im using the mmx 440 card, but it is quiet noticable jump in battlefield and no other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I had the same problem with the 43.45 drivers. The newer ones fixed it.

no they dont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I have a GF4 Mx 440, and ive only ever noticed the screen jerking at the beginning of a level, for the opening few seconds itll lag for a bit, and then away it goes, no problems. And this is on high textures, draw distance, graphics, sound, the works.
    If nothing else works, id suggest turning the number of bots down a tad, should help smooth things out a bit.

Oh and then get secret weapons of WW2 :D Tis the mutts ballsac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Actually, between this post and the last one, ive upgraded my comp to 512MB ram, from 256 and *poof* all the lag has disappeared, not a trace of a lag anywhere, even with bots set to max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ive gotten a problem since i upgraded to the newest nvidia drivers, cant play for more than a few seconds when i completely crash out to the desktop, didnt happen on the last set of drivers i had which was the 41.09

Shin

Originally posted by Meadows
    To sort out your problem go the the console and type

renderer.extrapolateFrame 0
    or
    renderer.extrapolateFrame 1
    to put it back to normal

1 will give better smoothness
    0 will give better responsive at a choppier framerate

Everybody, please read the entire thread before posting, This is the perfect 1:1 solution to the problem. Now please stop posting ineffictive solutions. :p

and shinzon, I recon reinstalling battlefield, if no luck dx9, if no luck uninstall nvidia drivers and fresh reinstall, also what card do you have if it dosnt have t&l on it it will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Talking about reading threads M8

didnt happen on the last set of drivers i had which was the 41.09

Shin

fair enough, go back to the older drivers so.

Advertisement