Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game for PS2 ??

Options
  • 24-08-2003 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Currently have Socom NS and Tiger Woods PGA 2003.

Need recommendations for my next purchase !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Ico is considered to be the best PS2 game by a lot of people (I haven't tried it yet though). I have Project Zero on the xbox and its great (theres a PS2 version). Hmm Burnout 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2. GTA Vice City, Timesplitters 2 etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pro evo 2 is the best soccer game there is

.oO(me ponders what pro evo 3 will be like)

imo pro evo series is well better than fifa, sure it doesn't have the names of the players but who gives a flying ****?

the gameplay is much better in it than fifa

i'd wait til pro evo 3 is out to buy a soccer game though

time splitters 2 is a good game if you have 3 friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

yes ico, buy it

also twisted metal black, final fantasy x, wild arms 3, silent hill 2 and 3, all great games worthy of your money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Get ICO and Final Fantasy X. I liked Silent Hill 2 aswell, you can pick that up for 30 euro. Rez is good fun too, also around 30 euro. The GTA games are must-buys aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Youll get a ton of people telling you "GTA vice city is the BESTEST!!!" here. Dont listen to em, get GTA3, its cheaper, its better looking, the city is better designed, and its a classic. Besides, theres f**k all difference gameplay wise too. And VC wil cost you an extra 20 squid or so.
    Apart from that, Tekken 4, Virtua fighter 4, ICO, Silent hill 2 & 3, Project zero, Final fantasy X are all you need to own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I'll mention Suikoden 3. I'm playing it at the moment and even though it's not the best on PS2 (in my opinion it is FFX) it is still a damn fine game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

ICO, Project Zero and FFX are my personal favourites. Burnout 2 is a damn fine racing game if you fancy one of those. And Rez is just strange, but very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's a toss up between Ico and VF4: Evolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

The Thing and Capcom vs SNK 2 are the two I'd reccomend most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by RockViper
    The Thing and Capcom vs SNK 2 are the two I'd reccomend most.

I agree with rockviper on that one. The thing is a great game and you can get it for cheap now. I prefer Capcom vs SNK 2 on the xbox because of Xbox LIVE but its still the same game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 4, its one of the best games ive played, if u like whoopin millions of chinese ass in one swing of the axe this game is for u, plus the co-op adds a whole new experience to the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

you can buy The Thing on Play.com pretty cheaply. Its in one of their deals for two for £20 or something. Well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

yeah, you can get it for £11. about €16 after the conversation. Well, worth it. you should really buy online if you want great deals and cheap prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭-=Raven=-

Rez

Advertisement