Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

addicted to cough medicine

• 24-08-2003 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all
    ive recently become verey addicted to benilyn cough medicine and find myself drinking over a bottle a day. i dont know what to do if i go to my doctor he will just say stop. i suppose its not so unhealthy i could be doing worse like smoking or something
    any advice appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cheers for that mate but can you help me at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

eh.... you might want to stop, because drinking that much over aperiod of time cant be good be good for you.
    Personally they make medicine too tadty I overdosed on calpol when I was younger and I nearly died!:eek:. I was such a junkie for it when I was small :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go to a doctor as it is addictive and can seriouly damge ur stomch and liver,
    you may need a fair bit of help coming off it esp if you are using it as a numbing agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I can give you any number of reasons to stop.
    DMX and codeine based medications are dangerous when abused.

Benilyn Addiction will lead to:

Respiratory Damage (lungs and broncho-tracheal passage)
    Mental Degredation (effects of codeine depression of CNS)
    Headache, Insomia, Muscle Pain and Gastro Intestinal Distress.

However, thse are the mild symptoms (usually incurred at the rate you describe after about 3-6 months). Deaths have been reported with prolonged abuse, most notably liver failure related illnesses are common.

Don't fool yourself, just because its legal to get doesn't mean its not an addiction as serious as any other drug. seek help.

Advertisement