Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toaster Pockets

• 24-08-2003 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Heh, does anyone remember these? If I think back - they weren't actually made in a toaster at all - but in an oven or microwave... I could be wrong there though.

Anyway I thought they were absolutely gorgeous, even though they were probably awful for my health (I was 9 - what did I care? Pft.) Sadly though, the quality of the product deteriorated rapidly throughout the years - and eventually they were canned. They were made by the Pillsbury company (you know the dough boy? 'Hee hee heeeeeeee!' That's the one.).

Anyway, I recently found out they trade under the brand name of Hot Pockets/Croissant Pockets in america and are made by chef - does anyone know anywhere that imports them?

Or - just to make sure I didn't imagine the product - does anyone ELSE remember them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I remember them. They were near impossible to heat right in ouur toaster, so we microwaved them. It just wasn't the same.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I remember eating tham about 3-4 years ago.

They were fuc*in brillant, seriously, they had a delicious
    centre and went well with cola.

Must have a look for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

tesco are doin some similar things made by findus AFAIR, i meant to get some the other day, i think they are callin them pizza pockets or somthin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

As far as I remember Pilsbury (of Pop'n'Fresh fame) launched some toaster pocket things a couple of years ago. They were pretty good but I haven't seen them in ages. I just stick with my toasted 4 cheese and chilli sandwiches now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Anyone know of markets in the dublin area, where I can bulk buy basic foodstuffs, rice, herbs, spices etc at a low cost? I've hards thare's a place called the 'asia exterme market' or something, any input on this would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement