Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakebite

Options
  • 24-08-2003 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Wot are they like for piercing?

I was in there last Christmas to get my nose re-done cos it had closed up, but they hit an "artery" in my nose (?!?!?) and butchered me.... I bled a LOT and my nose was well bruised afterwards. I wanna get a different piercing and was wondering if I should go back there, considering what happened the last time.... Ur man in the place said that cos I had had my nose done with a gun the last time (I know that was stupid) that was why it had bled, but Im a bit wary.

Anyone? Other people said the place was grand altogether and I dont have anything to worry about..... I dunno though. Anyone here ever use them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenday chick

dont know much bout snakebite but if u aint happy bout them u could try metalmorphosis in templebar....i got a couple done there and had no problems. also swineline in waterford are good but i doubt u'd be travelling all the way down just for a piercing;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

I got a tongue bar done there and a few folks I know got genital piercings done there too, no problems for any of them or myself. That was several years ago though, and things can change but if they were maiming people on even a semi regular basis I would likely have heard about it. I found them to be very clean and professional, make of that what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Ive been pierced in quite a few places (both shop-wise and body-wise) and snakebite is bar far my favourite. The people in metal morphosis are nice but that have messed up every piercing they have done on me. Body shock are good piercers, but for some reason I dont feel as comfortable there as any other piercing shop ,plus last time I checked you had to pay there for refits. Snakebite in my eyes have the best of both, they have never messed up any of my piercings, and they are really nice blokes which really helps when you are quite nervous before a peircing. Thats my $0.02. :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Peaadina

Id recommend the celestial ring, they are in Goode Bodies on top of stephens green. they are lovely. I was butchered in metamorphasis as was a friend of my, I have a nasty scar on my left nostril from them they didnt do it right at all, i got the other side of my nose done in the celestial ring and i have never had any trouble with it at all! plus they are decent blokes(and girls) i got a ring put in and it cost 12 euro/punts(i cant remember!!) and i only had a tenner and he lef me off cos id sent a mate there, now thats decent :D
    My friend who was also butchered swears by snake bite, and i have never been there so i cant say but give the celestial ring a chance anyway
    http://www.celestialring.com/about_us.html#intro thats their web address, i think you might have to make an appointment :)
    good luck anyway
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by embee
    Wot are they like for piercing?

I was in there last Christmas to get my nose re-done cos it had closed up, but they hit an "artery" in my nose (?!?!?) and butchered me.... I bled a LOT and my nose was well bruised afterwards.

I've never heard a bad word said about snakebite (apart from the fact the lift in their building never fecking works..!) but it sounds right if you had your nose done with a gun, that would create a lot of scar tissue and when they re-pierce it it will be more painful and usually bleed a lot more. Don't go to metalmorphosis, THEY'RE the butchers.
    Steve and Rob in Snakebite are probably the best piercers in Dublin IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

Yes, I've had many piercings done by Rob and Steve and I've never had any complaints

Advertisement