Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jvc Hm-hds4ek Vcr

• 24-08-2003 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

The VCR is going out of fashion and and recordable DVD is becoming affordable enough to enter the mainstream market expected to be in the region of €800 in a month.

So why, can you tell me, did JVC bring out a VCR for €1390 when most VCR's are €150. I know it has an 80Gbyte hard disk but this price is just outrageous. I will be surprised if they make any money at all out if it.

If JVC has manufactured a machine that contained a DVD player with a hard disk they'd be on a winner but bringing out a VCR is just madness.

Can anyone explain is their method in their madness?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

I can try..

1. I can defenietly see where you are comming from, however the most important factor that you forgot is the video quality of the source......i.e. the aerial or digital cables/satelite.
    The PQ of these is not even close to DVD thus, the advantage of DVDs is irrelevant.
    2. If you just look at DVD-R as a massive storage media (and axcept the fact that the PQ would be at the most as the original), then I'm sorry to tell you but it is still a very expensive one.
    A DVD-R media would cost more than a 1Euro per Giga and a HDD is about 1Euro per Giga or even less. A S-VHS cassete is even cheaper and re-usable as well as the HDD.
    3. The price you mentioned is expensive. The first find that Google found is this and it's about 870 euros.
    Don't forget that when you say that a VCR costs in the region of 150 Euros it's just a VHS VCR (really entry level one) - here you get a totally diffwerent product - this is a HDD Digital recorder + a SUPER VHS recorder - much higher quality than the normal VHS.

The buttom line is that you compared a Peugot 206 with a Mercedes CL500.....:D both will take you from a to b.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by MartinHSabag
    The buttom line is that you compared a Peugot 206 with a Mercedes CL500.....:D both will take you from a to b.....

You are dead correct. All has become clear. Thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Unbeatable have DVD/HDD recorders at good prices.

Have a look

Advertisement