Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free ringtones

• 25-08-2003 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

is it possible to use 02's free web text service to get ring tones from those ads in newspapers and magazines?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I somehow doubt it. Why not try it?

Unless of course you're charged for receiving it, rather than for sending the request..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I don't think so I think you can only txt numbers with a 353 prefix from the webtxt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

No because they bill you for the mobile terminating part of the transaction.

You could subscribe to the once-off service for free but when you recieve the ringtone via an SMS you are billed 1.50 or whatever for the terminating message.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am sure they have some sort of scripting on the website that ensures you enter a certain amount of digits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Webtext charges you automatically if you text a number in a country or a network that O2 doesn't have a roaming agreement with, so I'd imagine that O2 will end up charging you if they receive a bill for €1.50 from the service you use. They can do this because you have to provide your O2 mobile number when you register for Webtext, and it has to be a real number because you then receive a security code on that number. Besides I'm sure the ringtone company have already thought of this and have some system in place to prevent this.

If you have a polyphonic phone just get free Midis off the net, its a lot easier and cheaper. (as long as you have a cable or infrared or something). You can also get readily-formatted midi files specifically for different handsets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement