Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why people associae piercings with being gay/bi?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hmmm.. i duno about that... i think the eyebrow piercings tend to add a little masculinity... i always tend to think of that in terms of girls with eyebrow piercings too, i must admit. well, not necessarily masculinity there, but tomboy tendencies at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah ive actually never really seen any feminine girls with it,it does make girls more masculine with it

though, not necessarily in a bad way, mind.

my friend had it and it looked lovely,i think it suits some people really well,not one id consider getting myself because it just wouldnt suit me

ive considered it, but i just dont think it's for me... i think you need a certain face for it... my face is too .. pudgy isnt hte right word... but it's not very defined. and you kinda need more defined features for an eyebrow piercing.

plus i wouldnt be able to wear my caps, and then what would i do on a bad hair day?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what would i do on a bad hair day?!

get your hair did! or so says Missy Elliot (no one will get my crap joke)

I have considered getting my eyebrow pierced but itd just get ripped out or reject, as they almost always do

sadly i get your joke:p my friends one rejected and its still purple where it was after like a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

eyebrow,labret, tongue pierced twice, nipples, bellybuton, a few in ears. and a tattoo

To be honest, I'd say it's more you're personality that makes people think you're bi. No way would anyone know any other way. And in my opinion I think this thread is a bit more attention seeking than anything. However. You do raise an interesting thread.

When I was working in Claire's, guys were always parro about which ear was the 'gay' ear... Where did that come from?

thats been around years,i think its the left ear thats supposed to be the gay ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

It's an eyebrow piercing. It'll be gay no matter where you put it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 liberalgal

I'm not quite sure why there is so much interest in gays and lesbians. The only difference between heterosexuals and gay people is the bedroom, so why is everyone interested in what someone else does in the bedroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Actually, people weren't that interested, which is why they stopped responding to this thread more than 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I wasn't even reading this board 3 months ago so I missed this whole thread.

Back in 1989 I got my LEFT ear pierced because this was a mad rebellious thing to do. There wasn't much of the eye, ear, neck, nipples stuff going about at that time.

The rule then amongst the younger crowd was that the left ear was straight and the right ear was gay.

Nowadays I don't think it matters much, not since male "stars" started to get both ears pierced with diamond earrings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

people tell me its obvious im bi because of my piercings.....why is this?
    Go to the George of a wednesday night, becoming emo and what not has become a trend among the less "bull dykey" of the lessers, every second one of em in there has, tongue, nipple, snakebite, or lip of some form, nose and a number of ear ones. Then there's the clothes, skinny jeans round their asses, PLO scarves in odd colours, or those clack or white ones with the rainbow stars, and the hair cut short with a sweeping side fringe covering an eye or both.

Whatever about the meanings of "gay" piercings in the past, these emo lessers are bringin it all back out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Le Rack wrote: »
    "bull dykey" of the lessers,

Wow is all I can say to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Wow is all I can say to that.
    :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lezzer with 'Z' not Lesser with 'S'.

50s flashback with the 'bull-dykey'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Le Rack wrote: »
    :confused:

Do you think bull-dyke and lezzers are acceptable terms to describe lesbians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

You know - I've never heard that one before ;)

yeah its a wee bit derogitory (sp?) alright, onwards to drunkeness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 angry_badger

i'm a guy who has his navel pierced an i most certainly am not gay, i have a gay mate tho who keeps trying me because, as he says, my piercings make me attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

i'm a guy who has his navel pierced an i most certainly am not gay, i have a gay mate tho who keeps trying me because, as he says, my piercings make me attractive

Piercings make you more attractive to guys (perhaps not just gays?):confused:
    Something to do with more holes to try put "it" in perhaps?:D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cuongnet

I'd say there really still is no clear "winner" and it will probably remain that way for awhile to come. Hopefully the dual format DVD players will come down in price.

farohar wrote: »
    Piercings make you more attractive to guys (perhaps not just gays?):confused:
    Something to do with more holes to try put "it" in perhaps?:D:rolleyes:

My (stretched) piercings are, unfortunately, not large enough to justify putting 'it' in!!!!!!! i only have a 8mm(as of last night) septum, a 7.5mm lip, a 3.2 PA and 14mm lobes,

or have i miss read what you meant due to me being, as you would say, 'tipsy(hammered)ish!!!!!!!!

Ahem.................:o

cuongnet wrote: »
    I'd say there really still is no clear "winner" and it will probably remain that way for awhile to come. Hopefully the dual format DVD players will come down in price.

As for the above, what the.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

My (stretched) piercings are, unfortunately, not large enough to justify putting 'it' in!!!!!!! i only have a 8mm(as of last night) septum, a 7.5mm lip, a 3.2 PA and 14mm lobes,

or have i miss read what you meant due to me being, as you would say, 'tipsy(hammered)ish!!!!!!!!

Ahem.................:o
    Nope, the poor lad in question must just be a bit on the small side I guess....
    As for the above, what the.............

With you on this thought, if there was a metaphor/double meaning to that post I missed it completely.:confused:

farohar wrote: »
    Nope, the poor lad in question must just be a bit on the small side I guess....

Would have to be the exceptionally small side, thus meaning i might actualy feel sorry for the poor sod......... nah, i wouldnt really, would most likely laff at him cos i'm evil in that sorta way;)

angry badger: drunk so early in the day or so late in the night? o.0
    how do you find people receive you with a stretched labret??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Never had the assumption made about me that I was a lesbian due to my piercings (labret, nostril, tongue, tragus, scaffold, numerous ear piercings) but many people have commented (independently of each other I might add!) that because I have piercings they would assume that I'm more adventurous in the bedroom and experienced. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

but many people have commented (independently of each other I might add!) that because I have piercings they would assume that I'm more adventurous in the bedroom and experienced. :rolleyes:

But in reality your kinda tame and reserved?

Advertisement