Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardore nuts

Options
  • 25-08-2003 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

i dont kno if this is the right place to post this as its more the people tha follow music rather then the music itself. anyway

Heres a question who annoys you the most out of the hardcore nuts for each style of music.

Is it?

[warning stereotyping ahead]

The Goths extreme dark music all black pasty face?

The PoP princesses. All cute and B*tchy?

The biking hard rockers sleeveless jackets big muscles almost killed me at the metallica concert?

The RnB gang deluded gold wearing street movement?

Sweet Boy band wit cute smiles?

Chilled surf boys?

funky smokey reggie dudes?

Shaved head techno tracksuit movers.

Now i kno thats alot of stereotyping but there are groups of people who listen only to certain kind of music and they have this certain personality. So which one annoys you the most? which little groupie?

For me its the rap RNB nuts who feel every day is survival on the street, full of attitude fighting for their lifes...its ireland no ones going to kill you unless you start singing god save the queen!!! The whole music style drives me nuts and i had 2 friends who were really into it. The whole boyz thing made them out to be arrogent pricks that drove me nuts.

So wha about you?

(if this is muppetry just tell me and i'll get rid of it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    For me its the rap RNB nuts who feel every day is survival on the street, full of attitude fighting for their lifes...its ireland no ones going to kill you unless you start singing god save the queen!!! The whole music style drives me nuts.

Ditto, glad to hear I'm not the only one. Oh, and there must be quite a few people singing God save the Bean down Limerick and Dublin way, and a few other places to boot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Goths extreme dark music all black pasty face?

You know the actual Goth music is more kinda 80's style.
    Just listen to some Sisters Of Mercy, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i guess this is the wrong forum for this cause i'm talking more about the people rather then the music itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Goths really get on my nerves. The black denim,the t shirts of Nirvana tours that took place when they were in senior infants,the hair,the chains hanging out of the trousers and the girls with the dog collar sh1te really gets on my nerves. No offence if your sound but alot of the wearers of the aforementioned clothing that I know are complete spanners. I think it is because they seem to be so arrogant regarding anybody elses taste in real music. Like,Im no fan of Nirvana and the like,but I have no problem with some of my mates who like their music. I cant understand why they like it but as long as they dont act the rehab about it Im alright with it. Ill occasionally shout metal sucks nob during a drunken musical debate but they will shout the same about hip hop and its all good natured enough.
    Mind you I get pissed off when you very occasionally see these absoloutely stunning girls hanging around with the arrogant weird goth kid who was in school with you that nobody ever really liked.

As for my music Im into hip hop and take exception to yall punk ass bitches who are dissin it mofos!:D But in all fairness I like it because it has attitude. It has talented rhyming. It means more to me than Kurt Cobain roaring sh1te into a microphone for 3 minutes straight(no offence but i heard that song You Know Your Right the other day and it further confused me as to how Nirvana and their ilk are popular).
    As for the clothes,yeah,I wear reebok tops, the baggy tracksuits . Ive no real affinity to brands but i suppose most of my stuff is Reebok. Nobody seems to have a problem with it.

As for dance music Ill normally only find it entertaining after a few pints. Really isnt my thing if Im sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Goths are nerds in makeup...its true ! that is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"Factories producing for Nike and Reebok consistently violate minimum wage laws. The daily legal minimum wage in Dongguan Province in China is US$1.90 a day (16 Rmb for eight hours), but workers at one factory, Nority, are paid only US$1.20-$1.45 (10-12 Rmb). At the Wellco factory, the legal minimum monthly wage is US$42.17 (350 Rmb), but the workers receive US$30-$42 (250-350 Rmb).

Factories violate local laws for payment of overtime. The legal minimum for overtime pay is US$0.36 an hour in Dongguan or 1.5 times the legal minimum wage (2.99 Rmb), but workers receive as little as US$0.27 (2.20 Rmb).

Workers are treated as though they are in a prison labour camp. They complain of beatings by security guards. They are forced to do daily rounds of early-morning calisthenics, and are fined if they miss them. Talking during work is not allowed, with fines from US$1.20-$3.60 (10-30 Rmb) "

http://law.hku.hk/lawincontext/employmentb.doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by Tha Gopher
    Goths really get on my nerves. The black denim,the t shirts of Nirvana tours that took place when they were in senior infants,the hair,the chains hanging out of the trousers and the girls with the dog collar sh1te really gets on my nerves.
    [snip]
    Like,Im no fan of Nirvana and the like,but I have no problem with some of my mates who like their music.
    [snip]
    Kurt Cobain roaring sh1te into a microphone for 3 minutes straight

I somehow don't imagine that any goths like Nirvana. Chalk and cheese. What you're talking about are these early-mid teen neo-grungers that have taken an affinity to wearing Kurt Cobain sweatshirts/t-shirts/hoodies, lots go round with skateboards, whether they skate or not is a different matter, and know three Nirvana songs, usually Teen Spirit, Come As You Are and Lithium. These they know from watching Kerrang. They're not even sure they like it, but, hey that Sk8r boi song is cool.

They know nothing about Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, anything of that era. Don't associate the music with those little dip-sh*ts.

Goths are usually white make-up, black clothes/hair, listen to Marilyn Manson if they're the goth equivalent of the neo-Grungers, or if they're more authentic, the type of music that Angelwhore was talking about above.

I think Tha Gopher is just trying to provoke a response there, tbh.

Probably the most influential band Goth-wise would be Bauhaus, and they'd owe far more to the likes of David Bowie and Joy Division, and the latter days of the whole Punk movement of the late 70's, rather than any kind of 'Metal' music and suchlike that seems to be the idea of a lot of people.

25.jpg

Honestly, Peter Murphy must be rolling in his grave at comparisons to Nirvana and Marylin Manson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

i hang around with some wannabe goths and they do sometimes get on my nervs with the music they listen to like what lukin says they know few songs from nirvana and wear kurt cobain t-shirts but they dont know **** about him.

I am a skateboarder tho and i know alot of songs from alot of bands (Taste/Metallica/Q.O.T.S.A/S.O.A.D/Foo fighters/Nirvana/Black Sabbath/Guns n Roses and alot more) and i can say not 1 of my friends know more then 20 songs of any of there bands that they like.

I dont think that im making much sense as i havent had sleep in nerly 36 hours... but the most people i hate are those raper lovers(they just get on my nervs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

Heres a question who annoys you the most out of the hardcore nuts for each style of music

Frames fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Oh god I hate fans of the Frames. They worship Lord Glen when he uses the friggin bog to take a dump!

I actually hate most of those groups that you mentioned, if not all of them. The extemes of any group piss me off. But I hate the real hard ass Rn'B people and I also hate the skangers who think Scooter is the pinicale of Techno music, for christ sake check out other forms of Techno music than the tripe you hear in the local club!
    But I find the goths and surfers to be pretty sound and more open minded than the other groups.
    But one hardly ever sees true goths around towns in Ireland, never in Cork anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

ive no objection to people listening to a certain type of music, and dressing like the lifestyle, as long as they dont get at you about your type of music.

i wear primarily black clothes, normally an iron maiden shirt and listen to everything from led zepplin and cypress hill to pantera and the dire straits. if i see anyone from a differnt cliche i will always try to get on with them

however wen some one wearing tight navy jeans, a white reebok hoodie, bleached hair with a number 0.5 at the sides and a 1 at the top, with the fringe gelled up shouts "gay boys, aww rock! ****!" at us, you kinda start to hate people. not sayin it is only these types of people that get up at us, but in my experience it is. my friends include hip hop fans, ravers, rockers, chillers all kinds.

live and let live, but if someone starts to get confrontational over such things, its rather annoying

Originally posted by D-Generate
    But one hardly ever sees true goths around towns in Ireland, never in Cork anyway!

You'd think that really, but I was massively shocked at the amount of people that turned up to The Mission in Vicar Street last year. Man, that rocked, one hell of a gig.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Most, if not all, Frames "fans" whom I know like them because of their music and nothing more. Although I have interviewed Glen and he is pure sound.
    Originally posted by superconor
    ive no objection to people listening to a certain type of music, and dressing like the lifestyle, as long as they dont get at you about your type of music.

That’s what I was just thinking. Why is it that some people have to hate others because of what music they like or what they ware?

I listen to a few different types of music by a wide range of artists – so if you judge me as only a Frames fan (which I am) you’re leaving out at least 90% of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Now i kno thats alot of stereotyping but there are groups of people who listen only to certain kind of music and they have this certain personality.

I don't think you are stereotyping at all because for the people who move round in packs (in whatever colours) the music is as important as the look (ie not very). The whole package is just there to identify them and to deliberately marginalise them from everyone else.

To answer your question there's no particular section that annoys me more than any other. Personally I dislike them all equally for being so closed minded in their musical tastes rather than because of the way they act or dress.

I don't believe anyone with half a brain would go through life closing themselves off to different styles of art and that's what the majority of these people are doing. It's like saying 'I will only go to action movies in the cinema and nothing else'. Think how much good stuff you will have missed?

There's no rule out there that states you have to just like on particular genre of music (or whatever).

Oh yeah, and for the guy who said goths are just nerds in makeup ..... from my experience you're spot on 100%!

Originally posted by Oswald Osbourne
    I don't think you are stereotyping at all because for the people who move round in packs (in whatever colours) the music is as important as the look (ie not very). The whole package is just there to identify them and to deliberately marginalise them from everyone else.

Yes, they are stereotypes.

Although I do agree, but not fully, with your middle three paragraphs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Shaved head techno tracksuit movers.
    lol.
    lets not forget: proggy beard strokers & hard house loving scumbags.

not sure if i really fit into any specific groups, i love all types of music, mainly hard dance recently tho.
    crusty raver maybe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I'd only hate the real extremes in any group....
    dance music by far gets on my nerves the most ....all this techno and house and what not.....I'm not all that partial to goths or mini rockers..the whole Kurt Cobain thing is really stupid...
    I like rock music generally.....nothing too metalish..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by superconor
    my friends include hip hop fans, ravers, rockers, chillers all kinds.

Wow, how fantastic. I didn't know we were supposed to be proud of the fact that we have friends that listen to different music genres. I'll have to do some research now so I can compile a list of my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

what i was trying to point out is that; as i said earlier in that reply, i get hassled by people with other musical taste, but i do get on well with people who like different types of music. i have several friends who like only rave / dance or Drum N Bass and they are still good friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Oh god I hate fans of the Frames. They worship Lord Glen when he uses the friggin bog to take a dump!

Totally agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Plenty to say on this - BTW when I was a teenager I wore sleeveless denim jackets w/Iron Maiden patches,owned hair-rock band t-shirts and wore cowboy boots to school :rolleyes:

- I wouldn't be so hard on the teens - they're only growing up after all. I feel a bit sorry for those lads dressed up in all that post-Manson gear - it'll only be in years to come they realise how much earlier they could have been ridin' if they'd only dressed better ha ha (speaking from experience there!).

now, who do I not like...

1. Lads who own a set of decks- sound on their own but put 2 together and forget about it, especially in a pub. Endless **** talk about white labels and complaints about the music in the pub.
    And st*ck those stupid 'record bags' in the bin

2. Irish music 'luvvies' - inspired by that Frames fans thing ha ha.
    Do they honestly think we're impresed by lines like "Oh Mundy, yeah he's dead sound" or "I went to school with Paddy Casey"-f*ck off

3. Aslan fans - knackers. I was at a gig in the shelter while they played Vicar st. and I thought I'd walked into a Mountjoy reunion
    when I went to the bar. I even had to let some scagged out c$nt hold on to my shirt so he could find his way to the jacks, on account of him not being able to see - "sound, bruuder, sound"

- if I thought about it I could probably come up with many many more but Ive taken up enough of your time...

Cheers
    Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Which stereotype I hate the most? Metallers. Which is kinda ironic since I'm a metal fan. But I'm sick to death of listening to metallers whine on in their stupid little arrogant way about how this band aren't real enough and this band are sell-outs and so on so on so on. And the really horrible thing is all the obscure metal bands that HARDKORE metallers are so into usually are really dull and monotonous. Again, let me restate that I'm a metal fan (amongst many genres) and not even that mainstream with my tastes (I'm REALLY picky with my music), but even I'm not as pretensious as those fecks.

(This is me talking bout extreme HARDKORE metallers. Or the really stupid ones. Not the kind who can appreciate anything beyond LOUD, LOUDER, LOUDEST <nods and smiles>.)

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i cant stand wiggers and by this i mean people who feel like the cops are gonna get em for dressing in a tracksuit, having a dodgy little tache and wearing all the bling bling - losers

I dislike hardcore nuts that go around hating other people for what they like, when the same people are very likely to complain about people judging them for what they like/wear/do.

Advertisement