Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver medal for Gillian O'Sullivan

Options
  • 25-08-2003 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Wowwee! Silver medal for Ireland.
    First heard about this on the radio this morning! Never heard of Gillian O'Sullivan before and she goes off an wins a silver medal for Ireland.
    Great stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

She walked a world record at the national championships last year, another at the national indoors in February, and missed another one a couple of weeks ago by a small margin. She was in a medal position for most of last year's European championships and got passed in the last kilometer (I think, the coverage where I was was a bit shaky).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tim-Thrower Tim

Congrats to Gillian. Maybe theres hope for the rest of Irish athletics with the right kind of training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yeah well done to her, and pity RTE could be arsed to show any of it (they're complaining the rights are too expensive) Can the other O'Sullivan do as well though?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ed Healey

An excellent result for Gillian and Irish walking. Fantastic really.

Congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fergalfit

Well I for one am glad Kerry won something this year!! maybe she could give the football team some fitness training tips!

• Advertisement
Advertisement