Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back playing Mafia on the PC

Options
  • 25-08-2003 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

tis the first time in a long time that i put this game back on the PC, first thing it did was keep crashing back to the desktop, solved it by downloading the latest sound drivers for my card (always graphics card drivers never had to dl sound card drivers before ever really), i also dled the 1.1 patch, which acording to the mafia forums is a load of ****e, which im beginning to agree, because every now and then the dialogue repeats itself sometimes twice, even in a cutscene, anyone have this prob with the 1.1 patch and if they did howd you get rid of it

SHin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I had terrible problems with Mafia on the PC. It kept crashing to the desktop after the first level. Couldn't find a fix at the time so took it back. Waiting for the xbox version now. Hope thats not as bugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

when i first got mafia there was nps with it at all, it was when i put it on the updated pc it started crashing to the desktop, all i did was dl the sound drivers and it worked , the repeating of the dialogue all the time is annoying but am enjoying it anyways

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

At first mafia did the whole cutting back to the desktop thing on my p.c, but i bought meself a new geforce4 and havent had a problem with it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Always worked great with my GeForce3... and I had no problems with the 1.1. patch.

Great game anyway! Took me a while to realise it, but it's the best game I've played on the PC in a long time.

Advertisement