Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formation of a new group

Options
  • 25-08-2003 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello;

I would like to create a SCUBA group, with active members that are interested in diving monthly. As you all know, SCUBA is a sport that keeps logs, and where the more you dive, the better you are.

I am now living in Dublin, and I have found that there are lots of places to dive in Ireland, the idea is for a group of 10 (more or less) to meet in a monthly basis and go down in a different part of the country; thus spending the weekend out.

If you are interested in joining, or know of people, let me know, as with everything, if there were to be too many people, we could break it in groups of 4 to 6 people.

Regards;
    Ramon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hello Ramon

Is this going to be a private diving club or a commercial venture?

Phil

p.s. that's Evil Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

What do you need to set up a private dive club/school anyway? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭carbayon

Neither one or the other.

The idea of the "club" is for more people to go diving, sharing the cost and getting cheper dives. If 5 to 10 people go diving, hopefully we can get discounted prices, at the hotels/B&B and at the dive centres.

The only two requierements to join the "club" are;
    - Love for diving
    - Commitment

If an "escapade" is plan and people commits to go, they have to go.

Is as simple as that. (Or at least that is the idea).

Hope this answer the queries people may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've been toying with the idea of a boards.ie diving club but dunno if I want the hassle.

You could start a poll if you wanted to, actually I'm going to start one.

Advertisement