Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Ti4200

• 25-08-2003 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

Any got a specific link to where I can get a GeForce 4 Ti4200 as I am not able to find one anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yeah they have been selling out fast and the companys dont seem to be restocking!!

Sorry dont have link but someone else im sure will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Isn't a ti4800se the same as a ti4200 except with agp x8 or something?

Maybe have a look for these tho im not 100% sure they are the same/similar cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The Ti4800se is the same as the Ti4400 !! [american numbers]
    The Ti4800 is the same as the Ti4600 !!

Dont know why they didnt make it nice and easy for us europeans!! Aparently Nvidia cards are all being phased out if their not Dx9 compatable, prob to put pressure on ATI.

From what ive heard you dont want to go down the Fx5200 road, try www.elara.ie for the Ti4200 ?? They really have disapeared havent they...... :confused:

[edit] obviously the Ti4400 (Ti4800se) would preform better than the Ti4200, which is always a good thing if your paying extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Originally posted by Gangsta
    Any got a specific link to where I can get a GeForce 4 Ti4200 as I am not able to find one anywhere.
    Hi,

we have two MSI Ti-4200 left.

jow

Hey jow , you got a company link??

• Advertisement

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    Hey jow , you got a company link??
    hi,

click on the www-button on my postings :D

jow

Ahhh yes HiTide , was looking at the website and it seems pretty impressive. Limited range of stock but what you do stock is compeditive. Really like the Innovatek water cooling kits, have gotten fantastic reviews. Am suppose to be getting one as a 21st present from my uncle, gave him the link but god only knows what he will come up with :D.

Prob the best range of watercooling kits ive seen , in ireland definetly - and again nice prices.

Ahh your stocking cheiftec cases.......... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what ever u do stay away from the fx5200's i got one the other week and i had to sell it on cos it's the fx version of the geforce MX range

geforce 4's are brilliant cards got one meself and had no problems.

jow's site is the only one i see that still has stock on geforce4's

or if u want to splash and waste money go into game and buy one for like 400 euros or something.

i was in pcsuperstore the other day (i won't name the branch :D) and a 64mb Geforce 4 MX card was selling for 220 euros :O

Hi,
    Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    Ahhh yes HiTide , was looking at the website and it seems pretty impressive. Limited range of stock but what you do stock is compeditive.
    Yes our stock is limited, but it grows. Right now it makes absolutely no sense to stock mainboards and cpus. Once you have them in stock, the next day you lost half the money. ;)
    But the time will come...
    Really like the Innovatek water cooling kits, have gotten fantastic reviews. Am suppose to be getting one as a 21st present from my uncle, gave him the link but god only knows what he will come up with :D.
    Give me the name of your uncle.... I can check if he already ordered (ok, only a joke, I won't do that ;) )

but back to the topic: Cr3m0 is right: stay away from the fx5200. Not worth the money. What personally makes me angry is, that all the graphics cards producers try to confuse their customers at the moment. Releasing new cards with higher names, does not include that you get a faster card (the Radeon 9600 is slower than the 9500, the 5200 is slower than the 4200 and so on).
    Not very nice in my eyes :(

jow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Get an FX 5600 for DirectX 9 support, it'll allwo you to see all of the nice stuff in HL2 and Doom3, also Doom 3 is going to run better on a low end DX9 card compared to a high end DX8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Creative.ie
    €99 Inc Vat but im not sure if they have any left. Good price imo.

Advertisement