Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL pace STB

• 25-08-2003 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hey,

i recently moved out of my pad and nlt told me to hang on to the STB until an engineer could collect it. but they never did and my account is now closed... so is the box good for anything?? or should it be fecked out?

Rgds

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Moved to Cable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

The box is absolutley useless to you now.

However, I wouldn't just get rid of it, it is still legally property of ntl.

I've heard plenty of times about when people have cancelled their subs, ntl have failed to collect their boxes for ages.

I'd just give them a call on 1800 234 234 (digital tv sales line) (its quicker) & tell them to either collect thier box or give you permission to dump it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Is it a digital or analogue box? If it's an analogue one then chances are they won't bother collecting it. Tell them that if they don't collect it within a reasonable time you will have to charge them a storage fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭NeverHappy

A friend moved into a new apartment. A month after he moved in a guy arrived at the door looking for the NTL STB, of the previous tenant who had cancelled his sub. (Not in an NTL van though?) The box wasnt there so he moved on. They might 'eventually' call, though it might be long after your gone......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Cheers guys,

i think ill probably take it to the back garden and smash it to bits with a BIG hammer.

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

I'm looking for an analogue one if anyone has one..

The digital ones go for quite a bit on ebay..

Advertisement