Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live question

Options
  • 25-08-2003 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Probably a stupid one, but can you use an English Xbox live kit in Ireland to avail of the service. If not, does anyone know when it's coming to Ireland. I saw something at the beginning of the year saying it was coming in May, but hmmmmmmmm.

I guess it's a catch 22, Xbox won't provide the servers in Ireland, as there are no customers, because Eircon won't provide the a decent broadband service for gamers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Right,

Buy an English xbox live starter kit from www.play.com or www.gameplay.com.

Then when it asks for your address, just type in the usually till the postcode. Grab anything that has a wrapper and look for an english postcode. enter that and your on live. It really makes no difference as you get great pings and everybody can play everybody.

You don't know if the server is going to be american or english.

You also need a credit card for the service, to secure your gamertag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Great thanks clownboy :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Microsoft are planing to release it in Ireland before the end of the year, currently no date is set.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i had planned to get the live! kit in a couple of weeks.

i just assumed that it was out here. didnt i see loads of promotional posters / stands in hmv game etc... a couple of months back?

ah well, as long as english ones work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Do you need broadband to play or what?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by damnyanks

uh huh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

yes you must have a broadband connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Anyone use netsource for it ? If so any good ?

Anyone use netsource for it ? If so any good ?

ill hopefully be able to tell you in about 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Yea netsource will work with Live, Jesus_Thats_great i think is on Live and has netsource, the problem is Netsource have a history of ****e pings and it looks like the problem is back, Best stick with IOLBB or Eircom for gaming and Netsource for Downloading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement