Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which scooter to buy - Vespa ET4?

Options
  • 25-08-2003 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm in the market to buy a scooter of some description and need some advice. I've got the following criteria:
    • Needs to carry 2 people (so I was thinking 125cc)
    • Budget around €2000 - would consider 2nd hand
    I was thinking of a Vespa ET4 - probably 2nd hand (I've seen a few for around €1600). What are these bikes like - good quality, etc.?

Any advice on what to look out for when purchasing 2nd hand or other bikes I should check out?

Much appreciated - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

dont know much about them, i drive a PX model vespa myself, theyre the more classic looking ones

i was told by my vespa dealer that theyre not making the ET's anymore, but i could be wrong

i know i'm slightly biased towards the px bikes but the good thing is that theyve never changed the engine and parts are available everywhere

a 125 bike should cost you about 1200-1500 second hand, they also come in a 200 cc model.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I've got the ET2. It's only 49cc but it does carry 2 people comfortably - just not very fast! The beauty of it is the cheap insurance, you don't need a bike licence if you have a full drivers licence and it's very economical when it comes to petrol. If I were to get another scooter it probably would be a 125cc just so I can keep up when in faster traffic.

Boog.

Advertisement