Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Noble Eightfold Path

• 25-08-2003 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

The Noble Eightfold Path (Pali Ariya-Aṭṭhaṅgika-Magga)

1. Right Understanding (Pali Sammā diṭṭhi)

2. Right Thought (Pali Sammā saṅkappa)

3. Right Speech (Pali Sammā vācā)

4. Right Action (Pali Sammā kammanta)

5. Right Livelihood (Pali Sammā ājīva)

6. Right Effort (Pali Sammā vāyāma)

7. Right Mindfulness (Pali Sammā sati)

8. Right Concentration (Pali Sammā samādhi)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi Yoda.

I just read your reply to the "What is Buddhism" thread.

How about you edit your post here (and the Four Noble Truths one) and insert a "plain English" type summary? I believe that will help stimulate discussion.

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

In the fullness of time. :) In the meantime I think it will be useful to discuss the Four Noble Truths first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I wouldn't want to criticise the Master Yoda, but I'm thinking there's not a whole lot of discussion going on about the Four Noble Truths. Perhaps someone who knows more than I could post some "plain English" interpretations.

I think it would be useful to have the first clue about what we are discussing first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Master Yoda busy has been... But a lesson plan composed he did not.... ;)

MickMackDublin has started a discussion of the Four Noble Truths here. The Fourth Noble Truth is the Noble Eightfold Path, so hie thee thither!

(And thanks, MickMackDublin!)

Advertisement