Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay kiss on Corrie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Originally posted by solice
    the story is that nick isnt even curious, todd kisses him and nick pulls back.

Ah, making sense now, so Nick pulls away then eh? So its not so serious. Todd makes a move and its not accepted by Nick.... or do we have to wait and see if something does actually develop between them?

Damn, but I still can't believe that they'd choose Todd.

By the way I'm not gay/bi, but this whole story line has my mind baffled. I've been watching Corrie for as long as my Mum has, and to think that a guy like Todd could be gay is amazing. How many people are actually out there feeling the same way, but afraid to act on it? Its related to life ok, just not the best storyline Granada have thrown out though.... unless there is an interesting twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by memphis

I've been watching Corrie for as long as my Mum has, and to think that a guy like Todd could be gay is amazing. How many people are actually out there feeling the same way, but afraid to act on it? Its related to life ok, just not the best storyline Granada have thrown out though.... unless there is an interesting twist.

Todd wakes up from his year long dream and Nick steps out of the shower! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by mike65
    Todd wakes up from his year long dream and Nick steps out of the shower! :D

Mike.

post of the century! :p

you've been watching the dallas show then!

LOL at mike65.

So, whats gonna become of this, on a serious level? Are Nick and Todd gonna become partners? Or is poor Todd just gonna regret the whole thing and go back into he's quite little shell or what?

More details please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

there are no more details to come. but i would expect that this would be what will re-unite sarah with gail. build strong links. todd will either run away or return to his mother or even go off to oxford.

but seriously, does anyone else think that this is just ridiculous. going between the gay forums in the country, Gaire and GayCork, that i use it seems that every gay man will be sitting down on the 5th and salivating over what will probably be just a quick peck on the lips. ok lads, its a guy kissing another guy. we have all seen it before and i would say that it is safe to say that all the gay guys so far that have posted here have done it before. so why in lords name are ye all getting excited by it.

people have been saying that they cant wait to see it. gay kisses have been on tv before. Queer as Folks, Eurotrash (oh its a woefull program), for gods sake even Emmerdale and Fair City have done it. calm down people.

• Advertisement

ok lads, its a guy kissing another guy. we have all seen it before and i would say that it is safe to say that all the gay guys so far that have posted here have done it before. so why in lords name are ye all getting excited by it.

Because it is not Channel 4, its not that piece of shit EuroTrash , its not bland Emmerdale.

"we" may have seen it before but we are not the other 90% of the population. This is going to be the first introduction of a same sex kiss to lots of conservative and insulated people.

This is the longest running Soap in the history of television. It is the highest rating soap in the UK. It is one of the most respected around and it is a television program who's demographic IS NOT the 16-25 market. Its is not associated with being hip and cool, it is associated with being very mainstream and old fashioned really.

This is a show that has 7 year olds to 90 year olds watching. It is not past the famous watershed time.

This is as mainstream as it gets people and it will have the urine smelling O.A.P.s in the pension queue tutting away for weeks about a boy kissing a boy. We also have Todd as a young, intelligent and deeply caring young adult. This is a very positive role model. I remember one of the gay guys that originally on Eastenders had aids for christ sake. Yes he might be betraying his girlfriend but it just shows his deep down desires and true self coming to the surface eventually.

Memphis, you said:
    How many people are actually out there feeling the same way, but afraid to act on it?

Quite a lot actually. Sometimes it takes the act of making a move like Todd does to realise that he is in fact gay. Thats what happens to people.

You might not be interested but theres a gay dating site called gaydar and on it are quite a lot of people who are not out. I'm thinking of the people that use the site maybe 30% or more are not out and this is on a totally gay/bi website !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

lots of issues here, ....but.....hehe........Adam Rickett....DROOL!!!!!! 8o),,,,

/me will never forget that old issue of Gay Times with the tyres and the oil and the rickett hehe ;)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Ooh, they're getting ever so much closer! Can't you just feel the desire???

Can't wait to see the reactions ***...

It is what it's.

Ah, i was watching it the other night, and Todd is certainly beginning to question his relationship with Sarah Lou. He was speaking to NIck about it, who is being very understanding.

I can now see Todd's doubts developing, but I still reckon he is very much in love with Sarah. He is just confused. All guys go through a period of confusion, but I just though Todd was grown beyond that.

Guess I was wrong. Interesting story line, but it needs more work!

it needs more time, it needs time to develop

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

*drags this thread up to the top*

So has it happened yet? There's an article in this week's RTE Guide about it, but I forget when the actual kiss is - is it still October 5?

Yeah, it was just on tonights episode.

Like come on, the two of em were drunk, or at least kinda drunk, Nick startes to nods off and Todd plants him a smacker on the lips...............

That doesn't make him gay... or even bi..... he was pissed. Its something that should be forgotten. Like Nick said it was certainly a wrong move Todd.

Poor storyline if ya ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Like come on, the two of em were drunk, or at least kinda drunk, Nick startes to nods off and Todd plants him a smacker on the lips...............

That doesn't make him gay... or even bi..... he was pissed. Its something that should be forgotten. Like Nick said it was certainly a wrong move Todd.

Poor storyline if ya ask me.

be quite

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd have thought the idea was that, being drunk, gave him the courage to say something he had wanted to for ages. Who hasn't said stuff they'd kept down once they've had some drink on them??

I don't watch the soap really but FFS Nick - why are you complaining you lucky twat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

Todd and Nick were in the bar
    Todd fancies Nick , how bizzarr
    for todd has a girl in flat on the street
    with the pitter patter of little feet

After a chinees and a few beers
    Todd was yapping into nicks ears
    nick drifted off to have a snooze
    todd was starting to make his move

todd did'nt hold back
    he went straight in
    nick was having none or it
    Todd he yells "thats a sin"

as nick storms out
    todds left to think
    what will the missus say
    my ships about to sink

will nick tell of todds dirty deed
    is todd really gay or just a bit peeved
    will sarah find out, will she go for a beer
    will todd fess up to being queer

Thank you!!!!!!

For anyone who missed it (I had more important things to be doing :p) - The episode will be shown again on TV3 on Monday 6th @ 16:00.

It is what it's.

Originally posted by ixoy
    I don't watch the soap really but FFS Nick - why are you complaining you lucky twat :D

Lol , yeah the script writers should punish Nick for not liking todd and have him do a long snog scene with Norris :eek: :D

Even though the build up to this was short enough, I thought it was good acting and believeable on todds part.
    Todd you're lovely :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Zhane
    be quite

Play nice.

well i missed it, was on a train, not that i was going to watch it anyway. by all accounts it was crap and did nothing.

wasnt listening to joe duffy or any of the radio programmes, did it get much of a reaction

• Advertisement

wasnt listening to joe duffy or any of the radio programmes, did it get much of a reaction

They were talking about it on Today FM this morning. *rolls eyes* Gasp, shock, horror, a gay kiss!

I saw the repeat earlier, couldn't think of anything to say. Still can't.

Tonight's ep made me laugh. Nick goes and asks Ashley:

Nick (hand behind ear): Do you think I'm gay? (Wiggles finger through hair and twists body in a giddy fashion)

Ashley: No! Whay would anyone think that?

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D:)

Anyway, it all came on a bit too quick tbh (same day starting to get doubty/curious and tell an-almost-stranger)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tygra

The way Sarah responded to the kiss was actually pretty well done. She was shaken but she tried to understand it. Of course, then she ran off...

But Nick was really really hostile about it. Fairly nasty really. Then he goes and rediscovers his long lost best friend, Ashley!

I didn't actually see the kiss though.

Originally posted by oneweb

Nick (hand behind ear): Do you think I'm gay? (Wiggles finger through hair and twists body in a giddy fashion)

Ashley: No! Whay would anyone think that?

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D:)
    Rofl :D

Oh what I'd give to be a fly on the wall if Adam Rickitt was handed a spoof script giving Norris a long deep Snog with Nick :)

Maybe it's just me, but Adam Rickitt in my opinion is not a good actor.
    He usually delivers lines like they are on an auto cue ( saucer of milk for me please...but it's true! ) .
    He delivered the Anger too well in my opinion in his scenes with todd in the last few days to be actually acting.

So that suggests a lot of things to me not all of them good...

Originally posted by corrie fan
    Maybe it's just me, but Adam Rickitt in my opinion is not a good actor.
    It's not just you.

It is what it's.

Poor old Nick he had his chance !

The producers are now casting for a love interest for Todd.

Source here

Flights to the auditions can be had here :p

Hee. I didn't think they'd actually let Todd do any more than 'question'... let's see how they handle the new love interest storyline. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

There were 21 complaints made that the show was aired before the 9pm watershed - but they were all dismissed as it was deemed that the majority of viewers would have no problem with it.

Advertisement