Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVIP Email Problems?

Options
  • 25-08-2003 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else got a problem with sending email attachments in outlook express on UTVIP XL (smtp.utvinternet.com or mail.d-n-a.net)? I tried sending with eircom (changing the smtp to mail1.eircom.net) and they work just fine.

Anyone else got any problem like this?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

More suited.... >plonk<. Right here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

And that means? :confused:

ahhh right... moved thread.

Sorry bout that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Youll get better replys in this forum than you would have in the ireland offline forum.

I`m still having this problem, and it seems to be affecting FTP uploads to my webhost too. I was talking to UTV-IP support and it seems its only happening to a few users but Im one of them..

Anyone else stuck in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

For utvip xl, outgoing mail server = ie-smtp.utvinternet.com

If you have this set for outgoing mail, then there shouldnt be a problem from your utvinternet a/c.

• Advertisement

I have tried about 10 of their SMTP Servers and all ahave the same trouble.. As I said it only affects a handfull of people fo some reason..

doesnt sound right:confused: ....you sure this aint a outlook express issue??

Have you tried alternative email software?

Maybe they've got a lower email attachment size restriction than eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    doesnt sound right:confused: ....you sure this aint a outlook express issue??

Have you tried alternative email software?

Maybe they've got a lower email attachment size restriction than eircom?
    How could it be a mail client issue when he can send attachments via Eircom's server.
    It's also extremely unlikley that UTV have a restriction on the size of attachments that can be sent.

How could it be a mail client issue when he can send attachments via Eircom's server.
    Absolutely right Frank..on re-reading:)

It's also extremely unlikley that UTV have a restriction on the size of attachments that can be sent.

Agreed...but not impossible - its all i could think of - and as this threads about finding a solution, i thought it still merited posting.

Any ideas yourself Frank?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    Any ideas yourself Frank?
    Some problem on UTV's side, not much anyone can do here really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement