Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DVD writing software

• 25-08-2003 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

can't seem to get either nero 6 or cdrwin 5 to work, wondering what the standard was

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

I have the latest ver of Nero, and i can burn DVD'S,

Problem is is very slow even at 4x, is the copy of Nero u have a trial or full ver? Also it depends on what DVDRW ure using.

Dont know about the other program, as i only use Nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Pretty sure tis the trial version. 4x is extremely fast, like about 32x on a standard cd rom, the reason its takes ages is because of the size, even then it shoul only take about an hour to burn a full dvd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Your drive may be some funny fangled version.
    Google for problems relating to nero and your drive. Quite possible there are some other people having the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

theres loads a different software out there and loads a +'s and -'s for all.
    but it doesnt depend on just software, its ur hardware, and discs that are all a part of da process.

Heres what i got
    -pioneer 104 with hacked firmware to allow dvd burn at 2x on 1x media.
    -ritek g03 silver top disc 2x with special firm
    -for ps2 games i use record now max from stomp to create a global image and burn back to disc,
    -for dvd movie copies i use dvd2one or dvdexpress,
    -for avis and mpegs i use dazzle dvd creator(**** hot stuff!!)
    -for digital photos i use ulead dvd pictureshow 2

it also reconnended u use a raid 4 array but fcuk dat,
    go to dvdhelp.com to learn more.
    ah i remember da days when none a da automated software existed and it took 50 odd steps to copy a dvd!!
    now one click and 15 mins later u got a copy!!

the only way find out da best config 4 u is to experiment but i always hated nero neway so id say stay away 4m it

i've a pionneer a06 eom, should work with nero 6. Joc, i can't follow what your saying, personally i don't really want to rip dvd's off(nice to know how thought) just burn large back ups of data.

• Advertisement

boston
    i can honestly say that u r da first person ive met who owns a dvd burner and doesnt use it to copy either games or movies!!
    i dont know anything about burnin data to dvd as ive never done it!!
    just thought id help anyway.
    sorry

I don't do it because i can't get the software to work. Even then i'm not really a movie person. and i've neer bought a DVD so i don't have one to copy. As for games, i'm not to into them either, but the ones i have copied i did need a dvd rw to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Boston I have an A06 as well running perfect with the latest Nero. Had probs till I got the very latest version though.

hmm trial version doesn't have any dvd burnings options, are you sayign the full version will? are you using win xp pro. I've the full version of nero 5, and nothing, wont even recognise the drive

ooh something seriously wrong if ur dvd drive aint recognised by nero. both trial and full versions of both 5 and 6 wshould recognise it.
    go to ahead website and download patches.
    if u av version 5.5.9.10 then thats ur prob. its notorious for bugs and i m sure v6 has da same as it was only recently released.
    if that dont work then reinstall da whole thing

i always found rec nnow max better myself. u can download a trial version off stomp. its specially for dvd recordin
    hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by Boston
    hmm trial version doesn't have any dvd burnings options, are you sayign the full version will? are you using win xp pro. I've the full version of nero 5, and nothing, wont even recognise the drive
    Did your v5 come with a CDR drive? If it did it will most likely only work with that drive brand. Uninstall Nero altogether and re-install the v6 trial.

That URL should be www.dvdrhelp.com ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Boston

I had the full version origionally (not sure which release). Thinking back my DVD drive was recognised but it wouldn't allow me to select DVD burning. I went to the Nero website and downloaded the very lastest update for Nero 6. My drive is now regonised and I can burn with no problems. Let us know if this helps but I can def verify that the Pioneer A06 writer should work with Nero.

sounds like i should get the full version of nero 6, the nero 5 i have is a stand alone copy. I'll check out that site for more information

Advertisement