Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to charge?

Options
  • 25-08-2003 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Bit of a question, I hope someone experienced can help me out:

I'm in a pickle about how much to charge a client. I agreed to carry out some work on his site, but the amount of work originally agreed to has expanded, and I'm unsure how much to charge. What would be a reasonable price for the following work at the 'going rate' (whatever that may be). Thanks!

1. Transfer supplied text to 10 or so pages using a supplied webpage template
    (inc. page titles, alignment, tables, formatting)

2. Create an 'online enquiry' form using PHP/javascript
    (inc. validation, alignment, formmail configuration)

3. Create 'online application form' similar to above, form using PHP/javascript
    (inc. validation, alignment, formmail configuration)

4. Create and program 'Financial Calculator' form using javascript (around 230 lines of code)
    (inc. validation, alignment, logic, javascript implementation)

5. Insert and program freeware javascript ticker to display some supplied static information

All in all, I'd say there was 40 hours work. What would be a reasonable price to charge? I'm not out to fleece the guy, he's a mate :)

Cheers,
    Lampsie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Sorry i dont have specifics for you.

http://www.dgi.ie/business/pricing.asp

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I'd say a grand,its a weeks work at say €25 per hour,he is your mate after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Peaadina

I think you should get over a grand for all the time effort, and sweat you have put into that site. hes a rich and ungrateful SOB who hates dave Grohl, clean him out :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

You could charge anywhere between 1k and 3k on this site probably but I suppose as it's a friend, I agree with Sposs and go for a grand!! Or go higher, depending how close a friend he/she is!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated :)

peaadina: I knew i should'nt have told you he hated Dave Grohl...

Cheers,
    Lampsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Peaadina

clearly there is something wrong with him if he Hates dave Grohl. I suppose he hats the D too. Idiot!! like i said take him for everything hes got :D

Advertisement