Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

God damn stupid idiots

Options
  • 25-08-2003 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭

Was listening to Today FM and they were talking about the introduction of penalty points for not wearing seatbelts and for allowing children under 17 to travel unrestrained. I completely agree with penalty points for this offence and think it's about time something was done about the scandal of kids travelling unrestrained in cars.

But some idiots rang in moaning about how there's not enough seatbelts in normal cars for all their kids and now that penalty points have come in what are they supposed to do? And some gobsh1te suggested that the government provide GRANTS to help people with big families upgrade to MPV type vehicles. This just illustrates the stupid muppets we have in this country. It beggars belief that people can be this stupid....AAARGH!

BrianD3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was listening to that interview and thank God that Brennan said "no chance" without having to think about it! What is it about ppl with a flock of children? They seem to belive that as they have been so productive the rest of us should subsidise thier additonal costs! If you choose to have "too many" children then you have to decide how to transport them in safety.

And that should be the case regardles of penalty points...

Mike.

ps Brian "calm down calm down"

138638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

some ppl believe they should get money for nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by mike65
    What is it about ppl with a flock of children? They seem to belive that as they have been so productive the rest of us should subsidise thier additonal costs!

€40000 for a 7 seater MPV

€4 for a packet of condoms..

Hmmm big difference there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by mike65
    I was listening to that interview and thank God that Brennan said "no chance" without having to think about it! What is it about ppl with a flock of children? They seem to belive that as they have been so productive the rest of us should subsidise thier additonal costs! If you choose to have "too many" children then you have to decide how to transport them in safety.

And that should be the case regardles of penalty points...

Mike.

ps Brian "calm down calm down"

-- edit --

LMFAO... mike you would not believe how many times I've looked for a pic to accompany that saying....

BTW when will they issue penalty points for Nackers who carry their kids around on the parents knee in the front of the hiace?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Penalty points are great, 12 points and you cant drive. Fine by me 12 pints and I cant stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Thankfully the days are gone of packing 4 + kids into the back of a ford cortina.

Personally I'm delighted as it's frighteneing to see kids bouncing around the car. I'm surprised & dismayed at the attitude of some parents who cann'nt afford an MPV - who says you have to buy new??

Friend of mine has three kids - eldest is 7. She says she's the only person bringing her kids to school in car seats, other parents allow the kids to sit without restraint. Hopefully that will change.

Our basketball team went to a match last year in the back of an opel corsa, thats 7 18 year olds + driver + bags.
    It was a long drive

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, doesn't insurance limit most car to 5 people?
    Originally posted by BrianD3
    And some gobsh1te suggested that the government provide GRANTS to help people with big families
    Already provided, it's called Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

we went swimming with the school one year, and our class of 25 students was crammed into a mini bus for about 10 people!!! that was a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Dave , can u get rid of that big stoopid pic, ive a Pentium 1 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So let's see. I beat a child to death and not only do I go to jail, I go there with the whole country quite happy to see me killed by another prisoner.
    But I put a kid in a car without a seatbelt, there's a crash and she goes headfirst through the windscreen from the back seat and I get counselling?
    Feck that.
    You're the driver, you're responsible. End of story. And frankly if you let kids roam about in the back of the car without seatbelts, you don't deserve points, you deserve to have your kids taken away from you because you clearly can't take care of them.

what you need is some sort of super belt that streaches across the whole back seat so even if your car was designed to comfortably transport 2 people in the back you could safley transport 4 in the back

mutliple people in a belt is very dangerous, aparently they smack heads if there is a crash.

so wat is the solution then brainiac

get rid of cars and teach people to fly duh!

hey I've a great pic I wanna post, so how can I do it the way mike65 did

Advertisement