Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate You Little Scumbag Clubber's, Dance Is Dead You C**ts

• 25-08-2003 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

YOU'RE A SHOWER OF PRICKS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

That's really interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

..... ban??

people are entitled to listen to whatever music they want without assholes like you slagging them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dave mustaine

Boo ****in Hoo you stupid pr**k's, go home and wash your white baseball cap's you f**kin toe rags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Again all I can say is...that's really interesting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

YOU'RE A SHOWER OF PRICKS
    I agree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dave mustaine

Ah I see this thread is growing well, fair play to repli

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

i hate all kind of scum pop and dance/
    and please dont reply ,oh but its mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Dance music is far from dead my little educated friend.
    Just because we like dance music dosn't mean we all wear "white baseball caps" :rolleyes:
    I suggest you stop generalising people just because you think the only people that like dance is 15 yr old punks that go to the temple with their "white baseball caps" peaked 45 degrees and wearing nike air max and a celtic jersey.

No offense to people who actually dress like this but sure not to go clubbing.

Anyway Can someone ban this idiot :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

"White baseball caps"
    I thought this would be assoated with hip-hop in a way?
    Anyways, not gona lock the topic, some people could actualy get some discussion out of it. like the other one when the board was made, that got a good few replies.

Dave, I see the point you're making, you like metallica, matallica play metal/rock, you don't see us posting on the rock/metal forum blabbing on?
    NO, because we respect other people's choice's of music,
    No be off this forum and play somewere else :) (banned)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by dj_ste
    I suggest you stop generalising people just because you think the only people that like dance is 15 yr old punks that go to the temple with their "white baseball caps" peaked 45 degrees and wearing nike air max and a celtic jersey.
    In fairness if you ask any group of knackers wearing their nike tracksuits and caps what their favourite music is.. 90% of them will say dance/rave.. so the generalisation is justified..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Just because all or most people who are a certain age and wear a certain type of clothing listen to a certain type of music, it does not follow that all or most people who listen to that type of music are of that age and tend to wear those clothes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Repli
    In fairness if you ask any group of knackers wearing their nike tracksuits and caps what their favourite music is.. 90% of them will say dance/rave.. so the generalisation is justified..

No, 90% of those people will say hardhouse, haha
    Thats not classed as Dance :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

:rolleyes: @ dave mustaine...

Roll on Planet Love 2003 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Hehe this remminds me of a phase i went to of telling anyone who listeed to dance how ****e it was, then i realised that i was soundng like a prick and just because i dont like dance music doesnt mean noone else can.

so different strokes for different fokes innit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I LIKE SCOOTER

Bring it on yeh devout dance mofos,I can take it!

TBH though scooter is like the only dance that I can listen to and appreciate without being under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol or/and drugs. Its like Noel(or was it Liam)Gallagher said about going to the Hacienda in the early 90s on that programme on BBC2 last night. Something along the lines of
    "You went there and they were playing this totally sh1t music,but once you took an E it was like they were playing classics"
    Words to that effect anyway.

But in fairness for the majority of dance I have to have a few pints to be able to move to it. Most of it is just too boring unless your high or pissed.

"Its Friday night,Im at a rave again,pickin up transvestites on my harley davison"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

While I agree with Lenny about not locking the thread, as it can indeed be a good discussion, but this thread is just muppetry, plain and simple.

There's no real opinion being put out here, just muppety insults.

Maybe a properly formed arguement against dance music would be nice?

I think I'll go stick on my Apoptygma Berzerk CDs out of sheer spite.
    Now where's me glow-sticks? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

OOooooh! this takes me back! :):):):):)

I like metal, always have always will.
    1st time I heard acid house I thought- arrgh! this is horrible! So horrible...so...so horrib-l-y addictive yet grating and...it's not music but...no it is...

I heard my first blasts of 808 State and Adamski et all and got hooked then. I loved Metallica and Altern-8 @ the same time I had a 2nd generation tape copy of The Prodigy Experience AND I had long hair- I was the 1st kid to do that.

Y'know it wasnt easy being the only long-haired "raver" in school.
    Nobody knew what to make of me. They couldn't equate the big baggy purple X-worx jeans with the denim jacket and the Iron Maiden patches, couldn't equate the Daz white Chicago Bulls hat with the mullet and the leather braclets and the blunt studs. It meant the ravers and metallers used to take turns beating me up.

DUSH! DUSH! DUSH! - YOU SCUMMY RAAAYY-VERR!!

and then, just when I thought I was safe...turn the corner...

LUGGID 'IM!!!- SMELLY METT-LOR!!

DUSH! DUSH! DUSH!

Even the nerds beat me up.

hehe- ok, poetic license then...

I'll be honest, I think dance music and electronica still provides some of the best and most innovative music of our time. Certainly I cannot remember any rock band that has really been innovative in the 90's. (NIN maybe, the Ozrics...erm- that's all I can think of right now) Dance music has, for the most part stolen the torch.

Let's say this then:
    I like Slayer.
    I like St Germain.
    I like Sepultura.
    And I like Deep Dish.
    I like Photek.
    I like Pink Floyd.

I like Metallica, Miles Davis, Massive Attack, Rory Gallagher, Gangstarr, King Tubby, Coldcut, Talking Heads, Nick Drake, Ennio Morricone, Dead Kennedies, Roots Manuva and mU-ziq.

What the hell am I supposed to look like then?
    Or shall we dispense with the fashion of music thing altogether please?

I'll be honest- I hate nightclubs, I like drink but I hate crowds. I don't care much for fads and fashion and those little microcosms of so-called hip that have closed their door in my face. I'm not one of the beautiful people. So clubland holds no appeal for me.

I'm gonna sounds liek an old fart now but really- nobody dances no more. I went to a techno gig the other night and it was fairly bangin' and everyone just stood there like kids @ a parish kiddie disco. The only ones that were, were too monged out and had no rhythm. A familiar scene yes?

Any old skool sorts here who remember the time when a flurry of feet like Keith in the Prodigy (when he had long hair) and sweating and looking like a complete tit actually won you the admiration of your fellow ravers?

As opposed to just shimmying, which people do now, even the men who're afraid to mess their hair up.
    Much as I like dance music, I'll be honest- REAL MEN DO'NT BOOGIE, REAL MEN DON'T SHIMMY.

gimmie a nice good mosh pit any day. :cool:

sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by The Beer Baron

I'll be honest, I think dance music and electronica still provides some of the best and most innovative music of our time. Certainly I cannot remember any rock band that has really been innovative in the 90's. (NIN maybe, the Ozrics...erm- that's all I can think of right now) Dance music has, for the most part stolen the torch.

Ah, try listen to some Arcturus.
    Granted they do encompass quite a lot of electronica, but just ****ing mindblowing to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

This whole thing should be removed IMO.

I could argue the points made here, but it seems dave mustaine is far too ignorant and single minded to give any intelligent or coherent response, let alone to even evalute the collosal umbrella that is dance/electronica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i hate little knackers who are into dance music too

but not everyone into dance music is a little knacker

end of story

• Advertisement

Bah, going nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement