Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarding- Discuss Your ollies

Options
  • 26-08-2003 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

well i was just woundering how good is everyone elses ollies?

mine are pretty **** i can ollie 3 steps:( but my friend he can ollie over 5 people lying down by droping off the quater pipe and over a mini ramp. and my other friend can ollie 12 decks stacked on each other(same way)

how high can you ollie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I can ollie high :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I can ollie Impossible front and back foot ........ well i used to be able to any way , well the last time I checked !

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Just learning actually, only had my board since August.

I can ollie a couple of inches when stationary, still working on rolling ollies.

I can manage rocket ollies when rolling.

Can anyone tell me what would cause the board to turn while in midair? I'm fairly sure that I'm jumping straight up without turning my shoulders, the problem I have is that there's no one I know who can watch me and critique my technique...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Keeping your shoulders square should keep the board straight.

Just adjust your ollie to compensate for the turn and you should get the hang of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ^Garlic]bread^

Keep ur back straight and bend you knees thats the key!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Yeah, keep your back straight, bend your knees, then get ready to be the funniest lookin mong you've ever seen on a skateboard in your life.......... :f33r:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Originally posted by TacT
    Yeah, keep your back straight, bend your knees, then get ready to be the funniest lookin mong you've ever seen on a skateboard in your life.......... :f33r:
    Ta for the advice, seems to be making a difference. I managed a view good 'straight' ollies today.

I don't get to skate as much as I'd like, damn college work getting in the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i use to be good on my board like ollie gaps etc then those bastards and there CS now im just a lazy git!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

7 steps is my best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I once ollied a bus.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I once ollied a bus.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Ps It was omly a single decker though! bummer

I once ollied a bus.
    PS: It was only a single decker though! bummer
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

toxick wrote:
    my other friend can ollie 12 decks stacked on each other(same way)

hang on what? thats like higher than the world record? :rolleyes:

ollies are the best trick out of every trick so simple yet so complicated! Everyone is different when it comes to ollies

My one bit of advice no matter how much it helps dont touch the board before you go to pop... I duno why but it makes the trick look horrible

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Lose those shoes & socks
    Gorrila-grippin is bout to make a comeback ;)

You're welcome

JohnBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

JahEerie wrote:
    Lose those shoes & socks
    Gorrila-grippin is bout to make a comeback ;)

You're welcome

JohnBoy

hahahaha that was bloody brilliant

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

JahEerie wrote:
    Gorrila-grippin
    JohnBoy
    Jaysus man haven't heard that in a long time!!!! I actually remember trying to do it! OH NO!! Shamer!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

jamie thomas is the king of bare foot skatin he does back boardslides on handrails and kickflips steps barefoot!
    MY OLLIE TRICK TIPS!
    foot positon: stand with your back foot on the tail placing your weight on the top half of your back foot and your front foot below the bolts wherever you feel comfortable

technique: ollies are mainly about the pop to get good pop smack down on the tail really hard and as soon as your tail hits the ground lift your foot(the quicker you smack down and lift your foot the higher you will go) and move your front foot up to the nose and when it levels out move your front foot back to the front bolts........HOPE IT HELPS!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I never could get ollies when I got back into skating in 1991,still,will give it a try again.Used to bomb hills back in the 80's:D

Advertisement