Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest place for tyres

Options
  • 26-08-2003 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

I need tyres for my car. I got a quote from a local dealer in Limerick - e108 per tyre. I searched the net briefly anf found the same tyre on a German website for e48 but delivery costs will be too high.

Where is the cheapest place to get tyres in Ireland??

thegills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

I'm in Limerick too and I always get my tyres from Daltons in Chair, good quality
    tyres at pretty resonable prices. I was putting tyres on about 3 months ago and the
    price I got from Advance Pitstop was €158 a tyre for Kumho's (a really **** type) I
    ended up getting them at Daltons for €95 a tyre for Nankans (a cheap but pretty OK
    tyre).
    The tyres were 215/45/17 by the way.

Another place worth trying is Rathcormac tyres, they are primerally a wholesaler but
    also fit tyres and they are very cheap too, I was getting quoted at €92 a tyre for
    Federals from them, went with Daltons because John Dalton has been very obliging
    in the past when I needed stuff done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

You could try http://www.eiretyres.com/ but I have never bought off them as my local garage is just as cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

take a YELLO PAGES i.e. Golden Pages
    and look for DIal A Tyre
    u should get one good tyre pirelli or michelin for approx 55-60 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I've always found a local dealer in Galway to be spot on with me .

His anme was Martin Collins and his business is :

Ballybrit Tyre & Exhaust Centre Ltd
    Oldenway Commercial pk, Ballybrit Galway
    (091) 760760

I had went to Kwikfit once and priced Delica tyres there , asked the dude if he'd put on recently purchased mud flaps , he said he couldn't . Martin put them on for me no problem .

Kwikfit kiss my a$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tazzzie

Cheap tyres ??????
    It certainly aint Glasnevin Tyres, they wanted 105EUR rof a 205 / 40 / 17 Kuhmo ??(is that how it is spent?>?) I wanted yokohamas, he couldnt get them. The guy was polite, and friendly tho. I ended up paying 110EUR to a guy in cabra for nankang. all i need now is 3 more he is located near the bridge if u want his name etc. email me. o btw, he has a fukking BIG doberman, dont try to steal from him !

T a z z z i e at hotmail d ot com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angelblue

u could try Loobys in the horse & Jockey near Thurles

Phone 0504 44115

there about 20euros cheeper of most types of tyers.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by padraigmyers
    Nankans (a cheap but pretty OK tyre)

My experience also
    Originally posted by padraigmyers
    The tyres were 215/45/17 by the way.

Hehe what car is that padraigmyers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Walter_Sobcek

Actually while we're on the topic, does anyone know what the legal thread depths are and is there a special tool to measure them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I got new Semperit 195/45/16's there yesterday for €65 a piece fully fitted down in cavan there yesterday on a border shop.

some of the prices here seem ridiculous, its also a lot cheaper i think if you buy new rims and tyres in a package

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭spuddy

Originally posted by Walter_Sobcek
    Actually while we're on the topic, does anyone know what the legal thread depths are and is there a special tool to measure them?

Dont know about a tool for measurement, but the min tyre depth is 1.6mm

• Advertisement
Advertisement