Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting posts

Options
  • 26-08-2003 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Can you change the vb options so that someone cant delete a post / reply after someone has replyed to it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111743

I've seen that guy rander do that a few times before. I have his original messae quoted. He seems to post insulting messages then delete when replyed too.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thats why there is the 2 day limit in editing posts. Any shorter and it would be unfair on people who make typos and the like or genuinely want / need to retract something said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yes I understand that :) Thats why the edit button should work in those circumstances.

The delete button makes it look as if no post was ever made and can make long threads look a bit shotty etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

What if you are a thread starter and get idiot comments .
    I would like to be able to delete them so as the thread does not degenerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭looksee

atkin wrote: »
    What if you are a thread starter and get idiot comments .
    I would like to be able to delete them so as the thread does not degenerate.

You mean so that only posts that agree with you stay in the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Early contender for zombie thread revival of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

looksee wrote: »
    You mean so that only posts that agree with you stay in the thread?

ooops maybe it would put you mods out of a 'job' .The deleted comments would be still for mod approval.

Mods have a tendency to leave rubbish comments .

Well consider cyber bullying and those recently that have committed suicide .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

May as well just shut down the internet at this stage with the moral panic developing over cyber-bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure what this thread did to deserve being dug up 10 years later, but don't do it again atkin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement