Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo dead???

• 26-08-2003 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

i stripped down my pc yesterday [dont ask me why] when i was putting back togeather is wont seem to boot.there is power to the bord but it wont do anything cant even get to the bios. also it was booted without the battery would this affect it? tryed to boot it wil everything disconnected still notting , no beep errors notting.i have ripped it appart again and tryed to put everying back but same result i am really stumped.any ideas of help would be apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

is the processor in once piece ? did the core get damaged ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

is the motherboard touching one of the metal screws/ case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

the cpu is fine, dont think its touching the case if it was would the short the board?? any idea how i could find out whats wrong? and what would is a good amd mobo now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well the best amd board in my opinon at the moment is the abit nf7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

think ill have to get another mobo ,it doent look good for this one and its only 1 year old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Just to rule out anything case related ... take out the mobo and put it on a table and try powering it up there ... with ram, cpu and graphics card in ... try a different PSU if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

If you disconnected the power switch and LEDs make sure they're plugged into the right place on the motherboard,
    if you have the pwr LED and pwr BTN wires mixed up or something along those lines it wouldn't start.

remove all the cards from the board except the graphics card.
    Make sure the Graphics card, CPU and memory are seated correctly and try again.

The missing battery could well be the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

if its touching off any part of the case it could short the board i know many ppl who have done it including me:D

Advertisement