Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Recovery in Ireland.....Citywest?

• 26-08-2003 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Somebody mentioned that there is a place out in citywest or somewhere that does data recovery for the gards.

any idea who they are, i need someone to perform OHS on a hitachi\IBM HD!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

I trawled Ireland in a panic for this service one week and found nobody who could do anything useful. Found a bucket shop on South William St. who charged through the nose for doing nothing more than what I had already tried myself. Ended up paying an absolutely useless IBM engineer a fortune to come out and announce that there was nothing he could do.

I'd be intrigued to know if you find somebody who can actually make a positive contribution to you in this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

BTW if your first priority is to recover some data from a messed up disk, and your second priority to ressurect said disk, this 'Unstoppable Copy' utility might be worth a try http://www.soft-ware.net/system/hardware/festplatte/tools/p03178.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

nah, this baby will have to be stripped, not sure if its the logic board or if the platters are scratched, but it need to be pulled apart and reassemled, ideally in a clean room.

I cant find a friggin logic board for it, otherwise id do that bit myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Send the drive on to these guys?

CBL Data Recovery

CBL Data Recovery UK - Newcastle Facility
    Centre for Advanced Industry
    Coble Dene
    Royal Quays
    North Shields
    Tyne & Wear
    NE29 6DE
    England
    Tel: 0207 255 2069

CBL Data Recovery UK - Northampton Facility
    Raleigh Chambers
    18 St. Giles Terrace
    Northampton
    NN1 2BN
    England
    Tel: 01604 230 344

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tazzzie

I had a dead disk from work, had REAL important data on it.
    I think it was a 40 gig disk that was pretty full (going back some yrs now) I was recommended to On-Track data recovery in the UK Cost was expensive, as in 2000punts, but the disk was really fubarred, power failure (local to the disk) during a write. heads crash etc.
    Christ they got EVERYTHNG off the disk. If you want details from them, email me, their card is in work. or do a web check ?
    For the record, the service was fantastic, not just the recovery but telephone manner etc. and they charged 2 ways, per inspection (they tell you what they could recover - list of files - dates etc.) and per recovery.... If what they wanted for recovery was to much you could just pay the inspection charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by SouperComputer

I cant find a friggin logic board for it, otherwise id do that bit myself.

Hitachi / IBM means Ultrastar scsi ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tazzzie

hehehe, you dont need to have a working logic board !!!!!

ta taz tazz tazzz tazzzie at ho tm ail com

Advertisement