Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition re Ticketmaster Rip Off

• 26-08-2003 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Log onto www.ticeidi.com to sign the petition if you've had enough of TM!!

"Ticeidi.com is the brainchild of one very annoyed citizen of Ireland who is fed up paying exorbitant prices for ‘handling charges’ on concert tickets, sports events tickets, etc. "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I dont really see the point of signing a petition against ticketbastard.... its not gonna bring down a huge global company is it?? Lets be realistic here:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Bringing down a huge global corporation isn't the purpose of the petition. Tickemaster provide a necessary service.

The purpose is to highlight awareness of the monopolistic position of Ticketmaster and the exorbitant charges they make to supply their service.

Yet again the tired apathetic nature of the Irish comes shining through Lamda. Every pub, canteen or corner shop conversation will, at some point, swing around to how hard done by we are as a nation and how we're always being ripped off. Do we do anything? No!! We couldn't even be bothered to sign a petition becasuse we don't see the point.

If you had read the piece on the webpage you might have understood that the point is not to bring TM crumbling to its knees. It is to seek an alternative which would introduce competition into the market and provide the consumer with choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by lamda
    I dont really see the point of signing a petition against ticketbastard.... its not gonna bring down a huge global company is it?? Lets be realistic here:confused:

Yeah you're right, let's just roll over and take it. And there's no point protesting against the some of the government's actions because their VERY powerful apparently.
    And if you feel you've been overcharged for something better to be quiet as a mouse and not cause any waves....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

signed sealed and delivered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Cozpyro

Yet again the tired apathetic nature of the Irish comes shining through Lamda.

If you had read the piece on the webpage you might have understood that the point is not to bring TM crumbling to its knees. It is to seek an alternative which would introduce competition into the market and provide the consumer with choice.

Apathetic? No I don't think so, I agree that the handling charges Ticketmaster impose are exorbitant, I just don't think that this petition is gonna have any effect whatsoever. I've signed enough petitions of this kind without effect to have become very cynical on their effectiveness. The point is Kananga, I very much doubt a petition like this will cause a ripple never mind a wave.
    Anyway, wasn't there another firm in competition with Ticketmaster before but it couldn't hack it and they were sold out?:confused:
    If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you take to buying from venues?

Anyway, if it does have an effect fair play to them, I just doubt it.
    oh and I did read the piece on the webpage, no need to get so shirty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement